Quad with Twins or Queen Configuration?

Suzanne2

We are going to be packed like sardines in our Aloha Inside Quad on the Grand Princess.

Two adults, two kids (1) and (3) and they (Princess) want to bring in a crib for the youngest. I don't know where they are going to put it.

I don't think we can put the kids in an upper berth without them rolling onto the floor.

We are planning to sleep separately in the berths. Would it provide more room if the twins were in twin configuration or queen?

OR should we have the beds in queen and the kids in the berths? (If they fell out of bed - they would fall onto the queen then?

Thank goodness we only sleep and shower in our room...

First time on Star Princess, my kids were 20M and almost 4. We asked the room steward to put the 2 twin beds together to one side of the room and move the 2 side tables to the other side of the room. This will only allow for one lamp to light up. We had one bunk bed down, but in the end, the 4 of us just slept together in the queen size bed. We did the same thing this year on the Diamond Princess. We didn't bother to even put the bunk beds down.

My sister had a 6M old and a 2YO with her. They put the two beds together like we did. She and the 2YO slept on the queen size bed, the baby slept in the crib, and her DH slept on the bunk bed above the queen size bed. It's is a bit cramped, but very do-able. During the day if you want more room, the bunk bed stays up, but I think my sister had the bunk bed down at all times.

So you can sleep with your 3YO in the combined beds with your DH and have the baby sleep in the crib. There is going to be more room than you think you'll have. It really isn't that bad. Even with the bunk bed down, you'll have plenty of space. Personally, I prefer less space in the room so the kids don't have room to crawl around on the floor.

We all had inside cabins.

Archived