Are 8I's worth it?

jkeivel11

We just booked our first balcony, an 8A Guarantee on the Miracle in 2010. When looking at the deck plans, I'm really digging the 8I extended balconies at the aft. Currently, it's about $300 total more for the 8I, but there appear to only be about 7 left on the ship.

Should we spring for the 8I or just take our chances with the guarantee and just be happy that we have a balcony?

We were just on the Pride a few weeks ago. Wife and I had a standard balcony room (8H) which we selected ourselves. MIL had booked a Balcony Guarantee and ended up with 8I extended balony down the hall. Her balcony definitely felt WAY bigger than ours. If you are a balcony dweller, I'd say it was well worth the extra 3 bills. The only drawback I could find was that straight down off of her balcony was a lifeboat so I couldn't look right down at the whitewash bouncing off the ship. Otherwise the rooms were identical as far as I could tell.

Archived