Cruise with Nephew, go now or wait??? Opinions Please

Lori777

Hello All. Posted a earlier post about going on a cruise with my 18 year old Nephew, appreciated everyone's response. Was looking to go on the 11/29 sailing of the Splendor. My sister (not my nephews Mom) wants to wait until next year, early in the year, somewhere between January-March, because she wants to go and experience his first cruise with him. She has cruised before. Now the new question, go now or wait until next year. Good bargain on the Splendor now, 399 for inside and 549 ov. Do you think the way the economy is, rates will be just as good then? And how is the weather in the islands that time of year? Not a big fan of flying in the snow, if it is at that time. What to do, what to do??????

Hello All. Posted a earlier post about going on a cruise with my 18 year old Nephew, appreciated everyone's response. Was looking to go on the 11/29 sailing of the Splendor. My sister (not my nephews Mom) wants to wait until next year, early in the year, somewhere between January-March, because she wants to go and experience his first cruise with him. She has cruised before. Now the new question, go now or wait until next year. Good bargain on the Splendor now, 399 for inside and 549 ov. Do you think the way the economy is, rates will be just as good then? And how is the weather in the islands that time of year? Not a big fan of flying in the snow, if it is at that time. What to do, what to do??????

first thing is see if she is serious by finding a date/cruise....if she is looking and not serious you may lose a good date....Talk to the Nephew and get his Imput....

I did mention the cruise to him, I was going to surprise him but I wanted his input on what cruise he wanted to do, more or less port intensive. My Nephew is very understanding he said, "whatever you want to do Aunt Lor, now or later is fine.

A side note, when I showed him the tours, he wants to do a zipline tour and asked if I would do it with him, I said, sure, just let me pack my diapers.......lol..... not a big fan of heights

What are the prices now for the cruises you are looking at for early next year. That would be a factor for me. I mean, if the deal you've got for the cruise the end of the month is really good you may not want to wait. I, too, would pin your sister down on a date so I could compare the prices quick before the 11/29 sales out!

I did mention the cruise to him, I was going to surprise him but I wanted his input on what cruise he wanted to do, more or less port intensive. My Nephew is very understanding he said, "whatever you want to do Aunt Lor, now or later is fine.

A side note, when I showed him the tours, he wants to do a zipline tour and asked if I would do it with him, I said, sure, just let me pack my diapers.......lol..... not a big fan of heights

Lori:

We went on the zipline in Playa last Sept. I was terrified and couldn't believe I allowed my dh and his brother to talk me into it. In fact, on the way up the ladder to the first zipline I turned around, looked my bil in the face and said, "Let me down, I can't do this." I was shaking. THEN I went on the first line... IT WAS AWESOME!!! I loved it. There were members of our group going upside down, including my dh and bil. They almost talked me into it. If we would have had one more line, I would have. Now, I disappointed because we can't go ziplining again this year. I wear my t-shirt proudly. I have a nephew who jumps from helicopters for a living and he was sooo proud of me for doing this. You really out to try it. It was a rush!!!:D

I'd love going crusing with my nephew, but I don't see that happening. We're going in December and taking our 6 year old. I'm too afraid to tell my 24 year old that we're taking her little sister.:o

She wont be mad, she said whatever I wanted to do was fine. Just want to make everyone happy

Here are some more things for you to consider:

Who is paying for your nephew? Is he paying his own way or are you footing the bill? If you are paying, will your sister help out with his fare if you wait?

Is it possible to do BOTH! cruises? In this case, your sister will miss out on the FIRST cruise experience, but will have the pleasure of cruising with your nephew.

Archived