Anyone Live on Constellation slg 11/10/08

midsouthj

We ate in the main DR for all but one night at Oceanliners( that was remarkable!) We did change our table after 3 days due to cramped quarters for 6....left deck 4 for deck 5 at aft window...Victor & Roltan were terrific wait staff. Would rate all meals as very good. I personally loved butternutsquash apple soup, osso buco, duck l'orange, filet mignon on first formal night, cream of chicken soup with almonds.

The Aqua Spa cafe for breakfast I often had the fresh pineapple with big strawberries. Bagel with smoked salmon. Wonderful.

Room service often for breakfast- fine herb omelette with low fat sausage.

Coffee was just not to our liking....anywhere. Did not try Cova. Missed the croissants there too as well as the waffle station. Boy, am I slipping!

Have spent months reading the boards about food & such & it all boils down to- - eat what sounds appealing or looks good at the buffet.

We relied on Victor the waiter to give us his best advice & it was right on.

Already looking forward to the next cruise in Feb.

Personally speaking, I enjoyed the production shows, the featured dancers. Did not enjoy the comedian Jeff Palmer as much because I wasn't expecting the magic, the other performance aspects of his act.

Enjoyed lounge music...party band was aptly named--- Top Notch.

Two sweet female vocalists, very friendly & accommodating to play extra songs. We did not see Perry Grant's shows, nor the pianist.

Enjoyed the guitarist on aft deck bar area- did some Buffett. I'm sure others can give you a better report as entertainment was low on our list...

Our favorite cocktail server was Heidi from Costa Rica, just left for months before new assignment.

Just off the repo 11/10, and thought the food was very good in the dining room. Service was excellent, best we have ever had. The waffles were delicious as usual, and the omelet stations functioned much better this cruise(we sailed the Connie last Feb). I thought the coffee was better this cruise, especially room service in the morning. The dancers and singers were good, also enjoyed an evening with Perry Grant, better seen in Michaels. He's a hoot! A couple acts got off in Ft lauderdale, so you will have different entertainers. We have usually enjoyed the shows. Have a great cruise.

We leave this Friday. Looking forward to the holiday cruise.. Hope to hear from someone on board this week as to how things are going.

We go back and forth between HA and Celebrity. Will draw my own conclusions on the food quality.

Will the Solstice be in port(FFL) on Friday.

Archived