Quad FF on Zaandam and Amsterdam

riggins

Hi Everyone-

We're looking at doing Alaska with our DDs who will be 6 and 7. I'm considering Zaandam or Amsterdam outside FF. Can anyone confirm the set-up of the beds in the quad cabins on either ship? I did a search and found a lot of discussion about the quads on the Vista class. The few posts I found that referenced these ships seemed to contradict each other, so I thought I'd ask to be sure.

Thanks

Leslie

Hi Everyone-

We're looking at doing Alaska with our DDs who will be 6 and 7. I'm considering Zaandam or Amsterdam outside FF. Can anyone confirm the set-up of the beds in the quad cabins on either ship? I did a search and found a lot of discussion about the quads on the Vista class. The few posts I found that referenced these ships seemed to contradict each other, so I thought I'd ask to be sure.

Thanks

Leslie

Hey - I had friends in an FF Quad on the Amsterdam. They had the twin beds split apart, the couch made up as a bed and a pullman that came down out of the ceiling above the couch. It was actually quite comical when all assembled (think along the lines of the old steerage class), but during the day, the couch and pullman were put away by the cabin steward and everything looked great.

We had a quad on the Zaandam and the configuration was different than described above for the Amsterdam -- the pullman was above the bed. Both were perpendicular to (and adjacent to) the window.

The sofabed was against the same wall as the pullman, in between the bed and the bathroom wall. The desk was on the opposite wall. Even when the bed was pulled out, there was adequate space between the sofabed and the desk.

Our girls were 13 and 18 at the time and the arrangement worked out fine. It was cozy but very manageable. We're in an FF again in December, but this time only with our younger daughter.

Archived