Sydney - which excursion?

LindaKE

We've narrowed the list of available excursions in Sydney to 2. But they overlap, so we can't do both.

1 - Spirit of the Fiddle - We enjoy the typical musical productions onboard, so we would probably enjoy this. But we can occasionally see musical productions at home.

2 - Heart of the Island - may be more of a unique experience, has "dynamic scenery," pass by Bras d'Or, and stop at Highland Village. The problem with this one is that there is "a fair amount of walking" and I can't do long distances. We can choose to stay at the visitor's center, but I don't want to spend 1-1/2 hr sitting in a souvenir shop. Does the visitor center have videos, displays, etc? Do they require you to stay with your guide, or could we walk around near the visitor center (if there is anything to see nearby) on our own?

Can anyone recommend one over the other?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Heart of the Island tour, and it was very nice. Our ship was in port a short time, and I wanted to spend as much time seeing Cape Breton Island as possible. The other tour I considered went to the Alexander Graham Bell Museum in Baddeck.

Thanks, Nancy. We had almost decided to do the Heart of the Island tour anyway, so your recommendation decides it. Can you tell me how much we'll be able to see in Highland Village without very much walking? I can do some, but not far without a rest.

Archived