moomba beach?

Bigrigg

Is moomba beach a good beach to hang out at? i guess there is an excursion where you go there and relax for the morning and then head out on the master blaster? Is there other activities close to there besides sitting on the beach?

We just returned last friday from a cruise with a stop in Aruba.

Moomba Beach was easily accessed by local bus.

We took the afternoon Jolly Pirates snorkel excursion which departed from in front of Moomba. Two snorkel stops, (one at a sunken ship) and another stop to let folks do the rope drop thing. It included an open bar.

They also do an earlier longer version that includes lunch.

There were also some other options along there.

The beach in the area was very nice. Moomba also had a happy hour, with either half price drinks or 2 for 1.

Hugh in Dallas

Hugh, we are planing going on the morning excursion w/Jolly Pirates and would like to hang at the beach for a couple hours after. Is this beach busy? Any waves? We will have an 11 & 18 year olds with us.Are you able to rent chairs & umbrellas? Also do you know roughly how much the drinks were on the beach or what time Happy hour was?

Thanks!!

Hugh, we are planing going on the morning excursion w/Jolly Pirates and would like to hang at the beach for a couple hours after. Is this beach busy? Any waves? We will have an 11 & 18 year olds with us.Are you able to rent chairs & umbrellas? Also do you know roughly how much the drinks were on the beach or what time Happy hour was?

Thanks!!

The beach was pretty gentle there, as I recall. If you like a Heineken style beer, the local is reasonable. I don't. A Coors cost me $6 U.S. early in the day. :eek: A rum and coke was $2-3 at happy hour. It was an afternoon happy hour. At 5 or so, it was still going on. No clue what time it starts.

There was seating in the shade. I believe you can use the chairs and umbrellas as long as you are drinking and eating at no cost. (My memory could be faulty though, I think I read that on another thread)

The fellas on the boat started offering cocktails almost before you left the pier. You might not need many more after the longer morning trip.

Hugh in Dallas

There are plenty of taxis waiting at the cruise terminal. MoomBa is approximately 15 minutes away. More or less depending on traffic :( in downtown Oranjestad.

Thanks, Lisa. Would you have an idea how much the fare would be? I looked at the taxi fare posting you made but am not sure of the start and end points of the trip. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Are taxis readily available for the trip back? Do you make arrangements first to have the same guy come back and pick you up? Is this method reliable? I'd hate to get to the beach and not make it back to the ship!:(

Sue in KC

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. :o

The Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort is right next door to MoomBa. We walked to the front of their lobby and there were a line a taxi waiting to take fares. The only thing is you must make sure you bathing suit is dry. Understandbly, they are very picky about that.

Is the jolly pirate afternnon something you should book in advance? or do you think it would be availible that day?

I would DEFINITELY book this tour in advance. By booking in advance online you receive a 12 % discount http://www.jolly-pirates.com/. We were on the JP during low season and two boats were sailing and although I would not say they were packed, there were definitely enough people to fill two boats.

Archived