Benefits of Suite Life and concierge on FOS

Hi. Please don't ask me to ask RCL-they give me a different answer each time!

What are the benefits and perks of being in a FS ( besides the space and 2 potties) on Freedom?

NCL and Disney treated us like royalty, mostly. I am not very regal, however...

This will be the firs of 2 RCL royal family suite cruise we are taking in 09- what should we expect?

Thank you so much!

Mic:)key

Hi. Please don't ask me to ask RCL-they give me a different answer each time!

What are the benefits and perks of being in a FS ( besides the space and 2 potties) on Freedom?

NCL and Disney treated us like royalty, mostly. I am not very regal, however...

This will be the firs of 2 RCL royal family suite cruise we are taking in 09- what should we expect?

Thank you so much!

The Room:

-Bigger (obviously)

-2 potties, as you put it! :D

-HUGE balcony

-Walk-in closet space

-tub, not just shower stall

Other Benefits:

-2 cruise credits (used for c&a status)

-Access to concierge

-Concierge Lounge

-priority embarkation

-special embarkation lounge

That's all i can think of for now. I know I'm missing some, so everyone please feel free to add. Is this your 1st time on RCI? If it is I imagine you don't necessarily know what all of this means so ask if you don't understand one of the benefits and I'll elaborate.

NJ Devil is right and to add to those (note, these perks VARY and you may not receive all of them)

--robes

--bottles of shampoo and conditioner

--show CL key to get into ice skating show

--bottle of Evian and *possibly* a bottle of Korbel (that's what we got)

--pillow menu

--there has been recent talk about suite guests taking their trays from Windjammer into Portofino for breakfast and lunch

--concierge is able to make appts for you

--The concierge from Freedom did email me in advance and sent me the spa menu. He asked if he could book spa appts, excursions or specialty dining reservations for me.

--fruit basket

--cheese tray or petifores are delivered to the room on one of the nights

hmmmm...still thinking...I know I missed some....

pulled this from the RCCL web site for Concierge Level guests....

As a Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests including:

--A dedicated Concierge who is available to assist with anything you require

--Twenty-four-hour a day use of the Concierge Club Lounge

--Continental breakfast every morning† and open bar & hors d'oeuvres every evening available in the Concierge Club Lounge

--Assistance with reservations for Portofino Italian restaurant & Chops Grille Steakhouse

--Assistance with Explorations! Bookings

--Assistance booking appointments for Salon or Spa treatments

--Priority tickets for the ice skating show

--Assistance with the arrangement of private parties

--Personalized Discover Shopping advice

--DVDs and CDs available to borrow during the Concierge's hours

--Pre-ordering of your dinner wine

--Business services (faxing, copying, etc.)

if only someone could create a master list of all the benefits, it's hard to remember all of them!

by the way, to elaborate on what I and cruisinmama said, the concierge lounge is only available on radiance, voyager, and freedom class ships.

and how could we forget some of the most recent benefits that are being "tested" on some ships. (this is causing quite a stir)

-roped off section of lounge chairs on the pool deck for suite guests

-reserved seating for suite guests in the theater

-ability to eat in portofinos/chops for breakfast(take your food from windjammer into the restaurants to ease the process of finding a table)

Please note the benefits I mentioned above are as of now in the trial stage, though from all indications, it appears they will soon expand fleetwide. :(

Please note the benefits I mentioned above are as of now in the trial stage, though from all indications, it appears they will soon expand fleetwide. :(

On Liberty only right now. :D

But yes, it could very well expand to include the rest of the fleet.

And NJDevil - I used to have a master list saved but it is honestly different from ship to ship and from sailing to sailing. I didn't get petifores, but people right after me did. I got a bottle of Korbel, those right after me didn't.

It's so hard to keep a difinitive list because even when people have posted a difinitive list (even one from RCI) - all experiences are different.

by the way, to elaborate on what I and cruisinmama said, the concierge lounge is only available on radiance, voyager, and freedom class ships.

Enchantment, Legend, and Splendour also have concierge lounges.

On Liberty only right now. :D

But yes, it could very well expand to include the rest of the fleet.

And NJDevil - I used to have a master list saved but it is honestly different from ship to ship and from sailing to sailing. I didn't get petifores, but people right after me did. I got a bottle of Korbel, those right after me didn't.

It's so hard to keep a difinitive list because even when people have posted a difinitive list (even one from RCI) - all experiences are different.

Envy you (smile). Was on the Liberty this past May and had a GREAT time. Have fun.

Dave

Great question Mickey! We are going on our first family RCL cruise (transatlantic in April) on the Independance...and have booked the royal family suite as a splurge - plus great value given it is a TA)...If you are going before April, please post a note when you get back and let us know all the scoop!

The space and layout are what sold us, plus we have been on so many other cruise lines and wanted to try RCL.

Have a great trip!

Archived