quick question re: Portofino reserv. online

astrohip

I was attempting to make a reservation for Portofino on the AOS for a Jan 2009 cruise, and the online form is only allowing a choice of two dates, neither a day I want. Is this because the other five nights are already booked? Totally booked?

If this is the case, would it do any good to make a phone call, versus the online form? Also, does being booked in a GS give us any better shot at a date, or is it first-come, first-served?

TIA for your help!

First come first served for booking. Probably it does mean those dates are booked, but they hold a certain number of tables for people to book once you board the ship. Go there first when you get on and you may get the date you want. I doubt it would do any good to call, unless maybe the online booking is just screwy today.

Keep checking online before you leave for your vacation. Sometimes bookings are canceled, which open up tables. If you are looking for a table for two, there are very few of those. You may want to add a couple to your reservation and see if that makes a difference.

Being in a GS doesn't really give you much better leverage, except the Concierge may be able to help you find a suitable date once you arrive onboard. Do check with the restaurant the first thing you board and you may be able to book the date you want anyway.

I canceled my original booking, since they didn't have a day I wanted, but found a better date while onboard.

Good Luck!

Archived