Quebec to Montrael train

LindaKE

Yes, Gare du Palais. If you have only one rolling suitcase, you could even walk (less than 10 minutes walk).

Here is a map: http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:fr-ca:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7WZPA&um=1&q=carte+gare+du+palais+qu%C3%A9bec&fb=1&cid=0,0,16798294645372658472&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image and most ships dock in the Dalhousie st. area

My goal is to leave home with one bag each, but I'm afraid that may not work. We always like to leave a little room when leaving home in order to have room to bring purchases back with us. I was thinking that we could do a tour that would let DH see Montmorency Falls then leave luggage at the train station if it is close enough and use our remaining time to see some of Old Town. The train doesn't leave until 1:30, so, if we debark early, we should have some time for sightseeing. From the map jp2001 attached, it looks like that might be doable. Since we would be checking our luggage for the train ride, would there be any objection (terrorist threat) to our dropping off our luggage then doing some sightseeing?

We did exactly the same thing a couple of years ago. We took a quick taxi to the train station where they held our luggage for the day while we walked around, had a nice lunch and really enjoyed Quebec. It was then a wonderful train ride to Monteal. Enjoy!

Archived