Miracle 8170

gillmom2

We were in 8181 not far from where you are at...in my view it was a very convenient location...just one flight of stairs from Horatios...so we actually went up every morning to get our breakfast back to the room. In general it was great being so close to the eating places :p

With regards to the pool...in general we were not disturbed much (we werent in the room during the day anyways)...but the times we were, we did hear the occasional screech from the chairs next to the pools...they were not that loud, but nevertheless you could hear them.

Never heard the band in the room though.

We were an 8I (extended balcony) and that was nice...the double sized balcony certainly helps, but the view from the top (when you look down) was not stellar...instead of seeing the water directly beneath you, you would see the top of the lifeboats...

Hope this helps..

We were in 8169 on the Legend (sister ship) so same place on the other side of the ship. Never had any issue with noise. Only heard chairs occasionally if we were out on the balcony. Loved the location since it was so close to the Lido where we spent most of our time:)

We were in 8166. We heard chairs scraping early in the morning about 5:00 a.m., as the crew put set up the decks and put the lounge chairs out. We are good sleepers though, and it did not bother me. I went back to sleep. Several mornings we were up early for excursions anyway. Having said that, I will tell you to be prepared with some earplugs just in case. Some people are very bothered by the sounds above them. Deck 8 is very convenient to the pools, etc.

Thank you for all the info. I feel better now. As long as I can sit in a lounger on my balcony looking out it is OK. I had heard about the lifeboats below but that is fine especially if I need one. I am glad to hear that the noise is not that bad and I like the idea of going up to Horatio's and getting breakfast and bringing it back to the room. Any more info would be great!!

Archived