Nice beach close to port?

Sailor Gal

Trip report May 19th

We took the bus to Palm beach after a morning horseback ride at La Ponderosa. The bus was a piece of cake, no more that 10 or 15 min wait, and less than $2 each way. This was the cheapest beach of our entire cruise.

We also have the horseback riding in the morning. What time did you get back to the ship? We are hoping we have time to get back, change, grab a bite to eat, and head to the beach for a few hours. Did you feel rushed doing both the excursion and beach?

• 2 weeks later...
We also have the horseback riding in the morning. What time did you get back to the ship? We are hoping we have time to get back, change, grab a bite to eat, and head to the beach for a few hours. Did you feel rushed doing both the excursion and beach?

We arrived back to the ship around 12 if I recall, ate a quick bite in the Windjammer, changed into swimwear and grabbed the bus around 1:00 - 1:30. It was rushed to do both but that was because we had to be back at the ship by 5PM.

Forced with a choice I would do the horse ride, the scenery was amazing; unique to Aruba. We basically took the bus (pay on board) to the beach so we could see it and say we were there, it is a lovely beach, but there are other lovely beaches in Curacao we saw as well.

DCwom,

Thanks for the response.

Which ride did you choose at La Ponderosa? What are some of the sights that you saw (lighthouse, etc)?

Thanks for any additional info you'd like to share!

DCwom,

Thanks for the response.

Which ride did you choose at La Ponderosa? What are some of the sights that you saw (lighthouse, etc)?

Thanks for any additional info you'd like to share!

We didn't actually specify a ride, but we saw the gold mine ruins, and the collapsed bridge. I actually forgot that they had 2 rides on the web site, we went with the group when we were picked up. I think the lighthouse is too far away to ride to.

We arrived back to the ship around 12 if I recall, ate a quick bite in the Windjammer, changed into swimwear and grabbed the bus around 1:00 - 1:30. It was rushed to do both but that was because we had to be back at the ship by 5PM.

Did you do the RCCL horseback riding?

Did you do the RCCL horseback riding?

We booked outside of RCI and used La Ponderosa, they picked us up at the pier in a mini van with windows and AC (there are lots of windowless vans in Aruba). There were also hotel folks on the ride too. On the way back to the ship the van dropped the Marriot people off which gave us a neat preview of the bus route, and beaches.

• 7 months later...

Archived