Beach day at Choc, Reduit or Rendevous

IHATESNOW

We've already been to St Lucia before, did the grand tour of the island and saw most of the major sites. What else is there to do? I am thinking of a beach day at Choc, Rendevous or perhaps Reduit. Is one that much better than the other. I don't want to spend a fortune for a taxi to haul us to a far off beach since from what I can tell, they are not known for outstanding beaches.

I've read mixed reviews on Rendevous so I am leary to pay $38pp if the water is indeed that bad there.

I already posted this before but with a confusing title, so try try again.

i've been only to reduit and thought it was a good beach with nice swimming, there are a few little restaurants there (i ask to be dropped at spinnakers)...there are also vendors there renting chairs...you should share a taxi with someone from the pier though i think it was 25 dollars each way for a cab when i was there last year...usually able to find plenty to share with on the way back

hope that helps!

i've been only to reduit and thought it was a good beach with nice swimming, there are a few little restaurants there (i ask to be dropped at spinnakers)...there are also vendors there renting chairs...you should share a taxi with someone from the pier though i think it was 25 dollars each way for a cab when i was there last year...usually able to find plenty to share with on the way back

hope that helps!

thanks for the info. Was that $25 per person or for the taxi as a whole? How far was it?

it was for the taxi so it would be cheaper to share with another couple...the driver can have you wait while he finds someone...it wasn't that far but i noticed there was a little traffic on the way back so give a little time...i would say 15-20 minutes to get there...

We just got back from our Southern Carribean Cruise, and I have to say that our 1/2 day at the Rendezvous was a bargain!! The cab ride over was $8, took 5-6 minutes. The resort is older, but well maintained. The lunch buffet was plentiful, and well prepared. Many entrees, salads and desserts. All the drinks are included, including wine with lunch.

The beach is Malamar, it's over a mile in length. The sand was golden, with small shell bits and a few rocks. The water was a bit rough our day, the yellow caution flag was raised. We had a great day walking the beach, picking up conch shells, there were five for the picking. There are two small pools, towels are provided, as are the beach chairs and some red flags to request beverage service.

You will enjoy this resort. Happy cruising!

Yes, you will want to book ahead, as the 1/2 day segments don't necessarily line up with cruises. They will accomodate you with a 1/2 day pass such as 10-4 instead of 7-12 or 12:30 -6. It should run at $46 per person, no deposit necessary. The resort has security at the gate, just tell them you are there for a 1/2 day pass, and they will show you the way to the reservations office, where you pay your fee, and they will orient you to the resort.

Google Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia, you'll get the information you need.

This place is terrific, and a good value.

Happy cruising!

Archived