Which pier in Cozumel for Independence??

Crewzer33

I don't know the direct answer to your question (we're heading out on Independence next weekend... I don't know whether it docks or if it's too big to dock and we'll have to be tendered instead).

If it docks, or if we're tendered to the same place where we docked with Grandeur this spring, it's a 2.4 mile straight line from the dock to Carlos & Charlies. Cabs were readily available to take us to town for just a few dollars. (I'm not familiar with Los Cinco Sols.)

I geocode my vacation photos (using a GPS attached to my camera to record exact locations where I took shots)... and I have shots of both the ship at the dock and of Carlos & Charlies. The GPS coordinates for each (if you happen to have a GPS):

Carlos & Charlies: N20 30. 467 W086 57.295

Dock: N20 28.767 W086 58.526

If the ship happens to dock at the other location, it is much closer to town and wouldn't likely involve a cab ride.

Could someone please tell me which pier the Independence docks at in Cozumel and how far to Carlos N Charlies and Los Cinco Sols from it?

Please save the compasses we'd love to see them after your cruise. We are also interested in the dinners in the dining room. If they still have the names, we'd like to know which night is the Anchors in Excellence, and which night is Surf night.

IOS 3-1-09 and 3-8-09

Could someone please tell me which pier the Independence docks at in Cozumel and how far to Carlos N Charlies and Los Cinco Sols from it?

Independence will dock at the International Pier. It'll be a short taxi ride (10 min.) to the center of town (cost $6). That's where you'll find Carlos and Charlie's and Los Cinco Soles. There will be a smaller version of Los Cinco Soles at the International Pier shops too.

Enjoy the Independence of the Seas -- it's great!:)

We were on the Grandeur in January and docked at the international pier. Carnival uses the other dock closer to town.

Carnival also used International Pier, at least when we were there a month ago. The Fantasy and Ecstasy were docked right by us (Independence):

ry%3D400

A NCL ship was at that other pier the day we were in Cozumel.

Archived