Livorno "Wine Tasting in Tuscany - LV08"

I'm not sure if it will be the same tour, but we did Wine Tasting in Tuscany on Grand Princess in Oct and it was great. We went to a Medeivel walled city of San Gimignano (about an hour and a half there) with lots of other tour buses, then on to Castello di Oliveto (with about another hour and half there) we were the only group at the Castello. At the Castello we were served samples of three wines, with cheese, bread, and prosciutto (sp?) and a short tour of the Castello.

Our driver was not from Tuscany (actually from Naples) so he got lost, but it was beautiful countryside, and he did eventually get help by cell phone so we did make it to our destination, and back to the ship safely. He took all the ribbing good naturedly too. It was a lot of fun.

Our guide spoke decent English (spoke some things backwards), but if I could speak Italian as well as she could English, I would be very proud of myself. Both she and the driver made the tour very interesting and humourous.

I would highly recommend any Tuscany Winetasting tour, you won't be disappointed.

We have done this sort of tour twice with Celebrity. We wnt to a different place for lunch and wine tasting each time. The first place we went to, we tasted 13 different wines, you were supposed to spit out, but it's hard when the wine is so good. Both experiences were great value for what we actually paid

This is a cruise sponsored 4 hour tour of the countryside and a Winery. We have been to Tuscany and the major cities in the area before and this is what we are looking for.

Has anyone been on this tour recently?

We did a Pisa and winery tour this past November on a Carnival tour. The winery part was nice. We did not see as much as stated because it was pouring rain and we were all pretty soaked from Pisa. They sat us down at tables and served us bruschetta, some meats, and cheeses along with different wines to taste. They then told us we could walk across to a building where we could buy the wines we liked. They had other items for sale such as a delicious "wine jelly" along with olive oil and some other local products. Most people bought the wine and we were all feeling good and singing Italian songs on the way back to the ship!

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate your input.

We are looking forward to returning to Tuscany and just admiring the countryside. A little wine and food will help us appreciate it even more! We have been discussing on whether to "spit" or not.;)

Thanks again,

Dan

Archived