Okinawa

dxh304

Hi,

I could use some advice. I was thinking of doing Okinawa on my own but I think I read somewhere that it is a 30 minute drive to Naha city. . .

I just want to do some shopping, not much else . . . just soak up the local atmosphere.

Should I book a ship shore's excursion (I'm on the Diamond Princess in March), or can I just get off the ship and walk around the general area?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I could use some advice. I was thinking of doing Okinawa on my own but I think I read somewhere that it is a 30 minute drive to Naha city. . .

I just want to do some shopping, not much else . . . just soak up the local atmosphere.

Should I book a ship shore's excursion (I'm on the Diamond Princess in March), or can I just get off the ship and walk around the general area?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We were in Okinawa on the Diamond in Oct...there was a free shuttle to town which dropped you off near the Government Buildings...Kokusai Street, the main shopping area was just across an intersection. We walked up to the indoor market.. took about 20 minutes, but there were lots of things to see along Kokusai Street too. Don't miss the snakes! Very easy to do on your own.

There were local reps handing out maps on the dock and when you got off the shuttle bus. Can't recall the exact amount of time it took to get into town but I think it was more like 20 minutes.

We were in Okinawa on the Diamond in Oct...there was a free shuttle to town which dropped you off near the Government Buildings...Kokusai Street, the main shopping area was just across an intersection. We walked up to the indoor market.. took about 20 minutes, but there were lots of things to see along Kokusai Street too. Don't miss the snakes! Very easy to do on your own.

There were local reps handing out maps on the dock and when you got off the shuttle bus. Can't recall the exact amount of time it took to get into town but I think it was more like 20 minutes.

Thank you for your advice - I was hoping to hear that there would possibly be a shuttle - - - I do plan to shop on Kokusai Street - - - I just love having no plans for the city.

Thank you for your advice - I was hoping to hear that there would possibly be a shuttle - - - I do plan to shop on Kokusai Street - - - I just love having no plans for the city.

Have fun! This cruise was one of the most amazing ones we have taken.

Archived