Are scooters being rented

spyslick1

We just returned from a 14 day S. Caribbean cruise that included Grand Turk stop late last week. DH & I rented a motor scooter just outside of the cruise port gates. When you come out of the cruise port, walk down the centre walkway, turn left and walk along the road to the gates (about 5 minute walk). The scooters rented for $60 for full day (full tank of gas included). Golf cart rentals were right across the street for $80 for full day, gas charges additional. These would be great for 4 people but as we were only 2 we opted for the scooter. We found the scooter easy to ride, but returned it after a half day as we found this more than adequate time to scoot around the island with stops along the way. We didn't think to ask if they had half day charge and would strongly recommend you do so as the island is small and unless you plan to use scooter to get to a different beach than that at the cruise port a half day is more than enough to take in the entire island.

No. there seemed to be only the 1 vendor that we saw. We arrived at about 8:30 and I think we were the first ones to rent. Shortly after Statendam docked a Celebritiy ship also docked. At the time we rented there were only about 10 scooters but my husband saw more being brought to the same area and we believe it was the same vendor. We had fun riding around, no problems stopping along the way. Storage under the seat for the helmets that could be locked when you stopped. :)

Archived