We have to cancel our cruise!!

bdiddy

I thought I would give you guys an update on the cancellation process. When I called our travel agent (AAA) she told me that since the flights were independentally booked that they weren't covered but I could try on my own with the airline.

I did and of course they said they couldn't refund so I just cancelled it, paid the fee and we have a credit to use now with Air Tran before Oct.

So...then I called Cruisecare and started the claim and they said the forms will be emailed to me. I didn't even ask about the air because I figured that was already dealt with. I got the forms today and it talks about how I can claim independentally booked airfare!! So, I called Cruisecare and they said I defintely can but not after I called and cancelled already. She said I can do one or the other but not both. She suggested calling the airline and see if they can reverse everything but she doubted they would do anything!

I'm beyond p*ssed at this time! Mostly at our travel agent who's lack of knowledge just cost us $150 in cancellation fees when we could have gotten the whole amount refunded!?!

I think I might not be very smart when it comes to this issue. My DH has a heart condition and I buy the insurance at the time I make my final payment. I have heard people say they buy insurance at the time they book because of pre-existing conditions? Luckily we have only had to cancel when there was no cost involved - ! What insurance companies do you use and how does it work?

I think I might not be very smart when it comes to this issue. My DH has a heart condition and I buy the insurance at the time I make my final payment. I have heard people say they buy insurance at the time they book because of pre-existing conditions? Luckily we have only had to cancel when there was no cost involved - ! What insurance companies do you use and how does it work?

Some of the policies or companies will allow you pre exisiting waiver up to the time of final payment. Go into insuremytrip.com and compare companies.

Airtran used to be a co-partner with SWA, so maybe they also would do this.

mmm...don't think so, I think ATA used to codeshare with Southwest, not Airtran. I used to think Airtran and ATA were the same too, but they're different. ATA has bit the dust, I believe.

OP, so sorry to hear of all your troubles, especially with not getting the right information. I'd be just as miffed!!

Sorry to hear of your daughter's health issues. Hopefully with care, this will just be a memory in the not so distant future.

I did want to point out an error in the following statement:

Airtran used to be a co-partner with SWA, so maybe they also would do this.

Southwest used to partner with ATA, which was often confused with Air Tran but was not the same airline. ATA has gone out of business. Air Tran, of course, has not.

Archived