Airport train station in Hong Kong - escalators/elevators

Fredr

Hello,

Can anyone advise me on whether the Airport Train Station in Hong Kong has elevators to a point where we can get a taxi.

We will have three suitcases that will be heavy enough to make carrying them on an escalator difficult.

Or, should we find a bus that will take us directly to our hotel in Causeway Bay. I understand that taxis are available at the airport but I would rather not pay an exorbitant amount just to go from the airport to our hotel.

Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

Depends on the number of people traveling. If there are less than 3 in your party, taxi is not economical. If a bus takes you to the hotel, it is preferable than a taxi if you are traveling alone. Do not worry about the size/weight of your luggage. You will see bigger/heavier luggage in HKG. Hongkong elevators are as big as the ones you find in US.

If you are planning to use public transport (cheap, convenient) in Hongkong, then take the airport train (buy the 3 day Octopus pass) to the station nearest to the hotel. If no free transfer to the hotel from the station is available, then take a taxi from the station to the hotel. I had 5 heavy suitcases and I had no problem.

Archived