Amsterdam Cat. BB Cabin

phisig255

BB cabins are usually very forward and very aft, with the "B"'s more toward midship and the "A"'s centered. They are exactly the same size as the A's and B's, the difference is location. The BB's used to be just B until about a year ago. There are slight variayions in the BR size however, depending on which side of the room they are located. On the port side, the BR's located on the left wall are slightly larger, I imagine that the opposite would be true on starboard.

Our left-sided BR B6208 was larger than A6174, A6148 was the same size as B6208.

I know this sound convoluted, just speaking from experience tho.

6208 was rather far aft but it rode extremely well in bad weather and the view was great. We tend to book portside, we've never done anything starboard on HAL. Port where we've been is usually out to sea. The only thing we missed the last 2 trips on the way out of NY was Lady Liberty, but we saw her from our veranda as we returned.

Hope this helps.

Grannynurse

Hi phisig255.....I can't help with the cabin. We have been to Alaska and had a great time....Please say hello to DW and DD for us...... We are off to Hawaii in Oct.2005. We are planning on The Med for 2006. If your free would love to cruise with you all again....Its snowing here already....Debbie

Hi Debbie and Mike,

So glad to hear from you!!:D :D :D Go REDSOX! :D Hope you both are well. Thanks for the invite...I'll talk to Traci about the Mediteranian. I have 4 friends going to Alaska with us so far plus the ship doctor is going and our friend (hopefull he'll buy the drinks!) I've started a Roll Call--but no replys yet. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the cold so soon. All the best and please have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Regards,

Patrick and Traci Newburn

Archived