SpringHill Suites, Dania

I have to agree about the shuttle. We were taking it to the airport in the morning. We allowed ourselves a lot of time, and I was glad. We were about an hour later than what we had signed up for.

I think the shuttles are more trouble than they are worth. I will just take a taxi from now on and save the hassle.

My shuttle experiece was good -- When we checked in, we signed up for the shuttle and were told that our ship's shuttle would leave at 10:45 am, so be downstairs by 10:30.

There were a LOT of people standing around waiting for shuttles. Our ship's shuttle started loading about 10:45, and we were at the port by 11. As soon as our shuttle pulled out, the next ship's shuttle pulled up to begin loading. Only problem was that 2 people didn't hear the directions that the RCCL ship would be the next shuttle. Fortunately, their luggage was toward the back of the trailer, so it didn't take too long to offload that (and them).

And the hotel staff were very generous in giving us all water bottles while we were waiting.

1) How do you arrange for the shuttle from the airport to the Hotel?

2) Is it walkable to get to D&B?

We just stayed there on the 23rd.

1) We signed up for the shuttle when we arrived around noon. The list wasn't long and we were told to meet in the lobby the next morning for a 12:15 pickup to the Navigator. We went down for breakfast the next morning around 9:00 and the lobby was packed! Don't expect to grab a quick bite before heading out. I went to the desk and asked about arranging optional transportation to the pier. The girl at the desk strongly recommended against using a taxi and suggested a private driver. She called Atlantis Executive Transportation (754-423-3418, ask for Bob) and arranged for a driver. $9/per person (plus tip) to the pier. He picked us up at 10:30, dropped us off at 10:45, on the ship by 11:45 and in the Windjammer by 12:00. He wrote down our return information and took us to the airport when we returned. He called after we returned and as we were walking through customs he arrived at the pier. We walked outside, he pulled up, we loaded and left! We have his business card and will definitely use him the next time we're in Ft Lauderdale.

2) After we got settled in, we walked across the street to look over the Oakwood Plaza. A lot of shops and options. We walked down to the Moonlight Diner and had lunch there. We knew there was a Dave & Buster's but were saving that for later. We went back for a nap and then walked to Dave & Buster's later that night. It is at the far end of the Plaza after walking through the Home Depot parking lot. So, it's 'walkable', but takes a long walk to get there. Dinner, drinks, a few games and then a nice walk back. All through a well lit parking lot, so it wasn't too bad.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there Jan. 31 and the shuttle service was great. They said we'd leave at 10:30 and we were leaving at 10:35 after loading all the luggage. I think they hire a private company to do this service. There was a trailer behind the shuttle bus and pulled directly in front of the RCI terminal. We also hired that company to take us to the airport after the cruise and it was great. I forget the charge but it was well worth it for our group of 13 and they were waiting for us after getting through customs!

The breakfast was crowded but it went smooth. Everything was pretty good. The waffles were the size of a plate!

The only thing that was strange there was at Burger King. There was a weird person stalking in and out of the restaurant. He was mumbling and tried to pick up my daughter and then my son. He told my daughter he was a doctor and when she told him to take a hike he said he was Secret Service. Then he told us when we told him to go away again that he was the owner of Burger King. Keep a look out for him if you go there. Strange.:confused:

Archived