Freedom of the Seas Kids Club

jakesmommy

Although we have cruised several times with our children this will be the first time he is old enough and willing (he thinks) to participate in the kids club. What can you tell me about the kids club, what should I expect, How much did you use it?

My kiddo is 4 turning 5 on the cruise, kind of shy in new situations, and just started preschool this year for 2 1/2 hours.

What would you like to know? That ship is my daughters' favorite ship. My kids are 4 and 8, we are going back on a Freedom class in a few weeks because they loved it so much.

The Adventure Ocean pages for that age group are here...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/?start=all

We use the kids clubs non-stop. I had a small problem on Freedom with one of the counselors. I was assured that she was taken care of and I am betting she is gone now. ;)

At the time, my youngest had just turned 3, 2 days before sailing. She had a speech delay and was unable to communicate well with the counselors. USUALLY, the counselors are very helpful and friendly. I ran into a bad one. ;) I don't expect you to have the same problem.

They now have kids dinners nightly at Johnny Rockets. You must sign up for them by noon.

Make sure you take him the first night to get him use to the couselors and the environment.

Any specific questions, feel free to ask.

• 1 month later...

because he had such a great time in the kids club each day when we were on Freedom last summer. I had not planned on leaving him on the ship when we went on excursions- but I figured it was his cruise too- and that is what made him happy. He cried at the end of the ship because he wouldn't be able to go to "camp" anymore.

The staff was professional and fun, and both of my kids liked eating dinner at Johnny Rockets.

He cried at the end of the ship because he wouldn't be able to go to "camp" anymore.

So does mine. Isn't that just the saddest thing? :( Why do you think we cruise so much. I am always promising them another one to stop them from crying...lol. ;)

how long are the kids occupied if they go to Johnny Rockets with the kids' club? Mine are older (12 & 9) but we are thinking of just my husband and I going to at least one of the formal nights without the kids. Honestly, I don't think they'd like a 2-3 hour sit-down. We want to enjoy it and not feel rushed.

So, if we have the earlier sitting (I think it's 6pm)...what time do we drop them off and pick them up? This is our first time cruising with kids so I have no idea how this works.

Thanks!!:)

On the Adventure this year, you had to sign up in the morning (at AO) for the Johnny Rockets dinner and it fills up quickly as I think they only take 10 or 12 kids. The drop off time was about 530 or 545. So I am sure that the Freedom will be the same. Just remember to sign the kids up - you just can't show up! And for picking them up - look at the AO compass and see what is going on that night with the kids. They may want to stay.....AO will take them for dinner and right back to AO. No need to pick them up at Johnny Rockets!

Archived