Help Please: Transportation from Disneyland to San Pedro Terminal?

LadyLuck

Hello Everyone,

I've posted this in the "Ports of Call: United States" board as well, but I thought that there might be more parents that might be able to help on this board.

It has been a while since I last posted. With a newborn, we just thought that we should wait before we cruise again......and NOW is the time :o) Our daughter will be turning 2 in April and we have booked the NCL Star Mexican Riviera on Mar 7. We will be traveling light, so I'm thinking about not bringing the car seat since we won't be renting a car and will be getting picked & dropped off at our hometown airport. We are flying in from Vancouver, BC to LAX.

So, here is my dilemma. We will be arriving a few days early to enjoy Disneyland, and I'm looking into booking the Disneyland Express Coach bus (carseat not required on coaches). However, I have not been able to find transportation to take us from the Disneyland Anaheim area to the cruise terminal (San Pedro) that does not require carseat. I've looked up SuperShuttle, and on their website, they've indicated that if carseat is required by state law and not provided by the parents, then they will not be able to provide the service.

Any ideas from anyone? Thank you.

Bring the carseat. If you are flying from Vancouver your child will have a seat of their own on the plane. IMO your child will be more comfortable in the carseat on the plane ride and also this serves as a restraint and a good carrier if they snooze. I don't think that you should consider renting a car without your own carseat. The rental company can and will provide one upon request but you may not be familiar with it and in the end it will be better to bring your own.

You will also need a stroller for the two year old. While it is fun for 2 year olds to run the corridors on the cruise ships- it is dangerous and you will get dirty looks from other passengers. So I used my umbrella stroller when leaving the cabin and going to the elevators, etc. It also will serve you well on excursions.

So your problem will be solved by bringing the carseat. I imagine the reason coaches require them is because they don't want toddlers getting up and walking in the bus- this is very dangerous. In my state, children under four are not allowed on buses to NYC because it is dangerous for little ones to roam around on the bus.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this same thing in November (Flew out of Vanc to arrive at LAX, rented a car and 2 car seats (3&5yo) and drove to Disney, then to Long Beach (where we cruised out of). Also rented a car on the way back as we were over night again.

We found it cheaper to rent the car and car seats than take a shuttle - and we did not have to worry about timing, carrying the carseats etc.

Also just as an FYI - taxicabs do not require car seats - however I strongly recommend you either bring yours (safety and peace of mind) or rent one with a rental car.

Also just as an FYI - taxicabs do not require car seats - however I strongly recommend you either bring yours (safety and peace of mind) or rent one with a rental car.

I don't know the law, but I live in LA and my taxi service will not take children without car seats. I wouldn't chance getting here without car seats and not being able to get a cab.

Best,

Mia

Archived