Best way from San Juan Airport to Royal Caribbean Pier?

beachbabie393

I've heard about shuttles from the airport to the pier, but can't seem to find any actual information except from people on these threads (no other website?). Is it better to take a shuttle or cab or walk? Also, what are the prices?

We are going on the Adventure of the Seas on March 8th. The ship says it's scheduled to leave at 8:30pm. What time are we allowed to board because I believe we have a flight arriving in SJU around noon-ish? Can we drop our luggage off at the terminal and then maybe travel around the city for a few hours?

Thanks for the advice!! :)

Taxi is the best way to go. After getting your luggage go outside and there will be someone that can get you hooked up with a taxi. They will give you a slip with the price on it so you know up front what your paying. Much cheaper than using the shuttle. There is no way that you can walk to the Pier as it would be a long walk and not any sidewalks.

You should be able to board the ship when you get to the pier if your flight arrives at noon. You could drop your bags at the ship and go into OSJ but then you would have to pay for another taxi. You could go into OSJ and store your bags at I think it is called Barrachias. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

I've heard about shuttles from the airport to the pier, but can't seem to find any actual information except from people on these threads (no other website?). Is it better to take a shuttle or cab or walk? Also, what are the prices?

We are going on the Adventure of the Seas on March 8th. The ship says it's scheduled to leave at 8:30pm. What time are we allowed to board because I believe we have a flight arriving in SJU around noon-ish? Can we drop our luggage off at the terminal and then maybe travel around the city for a few hours?

Come on over and join the Roll Call for this sailing: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=681292 we've got a great group and would love a few more :D

I'm sure you can arrange transport through the ship, BUT there will be plenty of taxis available and the price is fixed (Pam Am pier = $16.50 + 1$ per bag, OSJ piers $20.50 + $1 per bag) see http://www.cabspr.com

If you are at the Pan Am piers you will then need to take a taxi from the ship to OSJ ($13.50) and then you can enjoy Old San Juan.

There is plenty to see and do in Old San Juan

have fun

When you walk out the terminal door, there is a roped off area with a "Taxi valet"..who asks how many in your party and how many peices of luggage you have as a group. He writes this info on a slip of paper and hails an appropriate van or car to bring you to the pier. As another post mentioned this runs between 20-30 dollars for the CAR/VAN as opposed to the expensive transfers charged by Royal Caribbean. We have done this twice now with a group of 4 or 6 of us traveling...amazed by the money saved and the ease of getting a cab. With exception of Ft lauderdale, this has to be one of the easiest ports to reach.

As for boarding the Adventure, that can be another story. Seems awful disorganized at the pier. I think they advise 2PM as the earliest to board though i am sure boarding often starts earlier. On our Adventure cruise 4 years ago, we had to wait in a holding area for close to 3 hours after getting our boarding info. It was a little irritating but this is a great cruise... so enjoy! It'll be worth it!:D

Archived