Caribbean Princess/St. Thomas Question

Tropic5115

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question about getting off the ship in St. Thomas...

My BF and I will be aboard the Caribbean Princess sailing on Feb. 1st. Our last stop for the cruise is in St. Thomas (the day before we are in Tortola). On the princess website it says we are in St. Thomas starting at 7am. With immigration, etc. would be reasonable think we could be off the ship by 8-8:15am? Normally it wouldn't really matter but we are planning a wedding in St. Thomas for next year and would be able to meet with a coordinator at 9am that morning if we are able to work it out. We would have to make over to the Marriott Frenchman's Reef by 9am. Is this doable?

It appears like procedures may have changed. Recent reports from other cruiselines out of San Juan have said that they were not required to do immigration in St. Thomas anymore, even after visiting foreign ports. They only had to do immigration when they got back to San Juan.

Assuming the ship makes it on time, and considering it's about 35 miles the long way around from Tortola to St Thomas, and 14 hours to do it, you should be fine. They don't clear the ship for immigration first, they just give you a landing card after you personally present yourself to the officers, so you can leave right away. I would keep the phone number of your wedding co-ordinator handy in case you have an issue, such as getting a cab or whatever.

Archived