Snacks in Camp Carnival?

DaniellefromOttawa

Hi!

We are headed on a March break cruise (March 15-22), although I've been on several, never with my kids. So I don't have all the answers to the questions they ask...my youngest is quite the worrywart and hasn't traveled much in the past few years. (Long story...for family/work reasons we flew back and forth across the country 8 times in 2004, since then a plane flight has never seemed like a fun vacation with kids)

He is 8 years old, and wants to spend as much time as possible at Camp Carnival, as he thinks it will be much more fun than hanging out with us...however he's worried that there might not be any snacks while he's there! (They have lunch and three snack times at school.)

My question is do they feed the kids between meals?

Thanks!

Danielle

They do have snacks at certain times. If it is a sea day, they will ask you to pick them up at lunch time too.

At the dance parties at night, they serve snacks too...like punch and chips/pretzels.

So now I am interested, at your son's school they have THREE snack times????? :eek: My oldest would love that. At her school (she is 8) they have NO snack times. They have lunch, that's it. She would love to attend your son's school. :p

Yes, snacks are served. If he's especially picky, he might not like what's served, but it's pretty basic kid food - nothing wild!

At my kids school (Montessori), snacks are available all day. They just go get it when they want it. Kind of like at home!

Thanks for your answers...he is feeling better now...he's such a funny kid..the rest of the family (including us, his brother and the dog) are easy going, relaxed and enjoy whatever life throws our way...Colin is a worrier, and usually can find something negative about everything...his latest worry is that we are flying at night, he thinks he's going to fall asleep and we are going to have to wake him up...:confused:(I'm not sure what is so bad about that, but he doesn't like the idea) He wants to know exactly what is going to happen, what plans we have for everyday of vacation...which drives me crazy as I'd love to relax and play it by ear...but off I go to the boards about our ports so we can plan our port days...

Yes, three snacks, they start school at 7:55, have a snack at 8:45, 10:30, lunch at 12, snack at 1:30 and done school at 2:30. Two of the snacks have to be fruit or vegies.

Thanks again!

Danielle

Archived