curacao...swim with dolphins?

I want to book the excursion for the dolphin swim. How early can I do this? Also, why is it so long....3 hours seems like a long time to be in the water and the sun? Any info on this excursion would be appreciated! Thanks, Bertz
Even though the info says 3 hours, you are not actually in the water for 3 hours. They count in the time it takes to transport you to and from the aquarium, listen to the instructions on what to do while in the water with the dolphins, sign the liability forms, etc. Once you get out by the water, they only take about 6 people in the water at one time, so you have to wait your turn. You spend about 1/2 hour in the water with the dolphins. When we went we only had 2 groups and we chose to go in with the 2nd group so we could see what to expect.

Even though we only spent just over a half hour in the water with the dolphins, I HIGHLY recommend it. It was just so cool to be able to touch and swim along side dolphins. And when I say swim, I mean more like floating and treading water with them around you. And for some reason, they loved being near my husband, so we all stayed close to him so we could be near the dolphins. Each person got to hold on to two dolphins' top fin and they dragged you through the water. The trainers have you do hand commands and the dolphins do the tricks for you. They have someone there to take your picture and try to sell them to you, but its ok to have someone thats not in your group take pictures for you.

Are you asking how early in advance can you book it?...or what the earliest time of the day is the excursion? We booked our about 3 weeks in advance, and the only time left was the first one out for that day...8am. So, if you know you want to do it, book it as soon as you can to get the time of day you want. (I wasn't so keen on the idea of having to go so early because we were in Aruba the night before and we did the bar and pub crawl...I didn't want to get up and out so early....LOL But looking back, I think that was a good time because the dolphins were fresh...not tired from all the other people being with them).

If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them for you if I can.

Your daughter will love it!

Another thing....you can only book this excursion thru RCCL. You can't book it independently as they have a contract with RCCL.

Also, after your swim with the dolphins, you can wander around the aquarium at your leisure.

Your daughter will love it!

Another thing....you can only book this excursion thru RCCL. You can't book it independently as they have a contract with RCCL.

Also, after your swim with the dolphins, you can wander around the aquarium at your leisure.

MszKitty, do they have an area with lockers/showers/etc? I was hoping to do lunch and then wander around the aquarium afterwards, but I wouldn't want to do it in a wet bathing suit. I was hoping to be able to change into dry clothes. Also, if there are lockers, would my camera likely be safe there? Thanks for any answers! I'm scheduled to do the swim with the dolphins 2 weeks from tomorrow! I'm really excited and looking forward to it.

sayhello

Archived