Anyone done the "all inclusive" resort excursion with NCL?

Nickymjw1

Hi,

yes we did the tour.

It is definitely not worth the money!

The beach is great, but overcrowded, the food was horrible (the drinks were good), but we would not recommend this tour to anybody!

The tour with the bus was quite nice, but the people are so poor in this country!

Other guests from the ship went to Cayo Levantado for the beach break, but there was a big italian ship with free shuttles to this island, so they had to share the island with 1500 Italian...

Do a tour to Los Haitises N.P., this must be great!

Have fun!

Christina

Hi,

yes we did the tour.

It is definitely not worth the money!

The beach is great, but overcrowded, the food was horrible (the drinks were good), but we would not recommend this tour to anybody!

The tour with the bus was quite nice, but the people are so poor in this country!

Other guests from the ship went to Cayo Levantado for the beach break, but there was a big italian ship with free shuttles to this island, so they had to share the island with 1500 Italian...

Do a tour to Los Haitises N.P., this must be great!

Have fun!

Christina

I'm a little confused by your comment, as I'm not sure how their economic status determines the quality of your experience. I hope I'm not saying this in a way that is critical, because that is the last thing on my mind. I am genuinely curious about your impressions. I have seen others say the same thing and it makes me wonder why this is often what is highlighted when reviewing this port.

I am pleased to see that cruise lines are supporting the DR and the port of Samana because by us going to these ports we are providing badly needed jobs and income for those who have struggled for years to survive. For the most part that is a good thing! And yes, there are many, as you describe, "poor" people, but I suspect they are incredible people, survivors and hard-working, which I'm sure you already knew. :) After all it is another country, culture and a different way of life than most of us in North America are familiar with. We shouldn't be surprised (or perhaps uncomfortable) by these cross-cultural encounters. They are opportunities to grow and learn from others that may be seen as "different" from what is considered the norm for us. JMHO. :D

Archived