Newbie to NCL - a couple of ?s

mishoe1

Hi there - I'm taking my 1st NCL cruise on the Jewel at the end of April (Baltic Capitals 4/28) possibly alone (friend may back out).

Here are my ?s:

Is there somewhere to read a review about a certain stateroom? Right now I'm in DD 5028.

This cruise is in/out of Dover - if you took the NCL transfers back to Heathrow - what time was your flight out? How long did the transfer take? Was it/is it easy to get off the ship to get onto the 1st bus? Do you need to give NCL your flight info to ensure you get off early?

For any solo travelers - did any of you feel awkward at all eating alone (any restaurant even specialty ones)?

I think that's it for now - but if anyone wants to share their wisdom with me I'll be more than happy to accept it!

TIA!

I haven't cruised in the baltic yet...but if you are looking for info from the perspective of a solo, have you found the section on this board called "special interest cruising" - and then look for solo cruising. If you use the search within the forum and look for ncl dining - there are a couple of threads that talk about that very issue.

I too am sailing solo in the next couple of months to the caribbean and can hardly wait. I have no difficulty enjoying a meal on my own or asking to be seated with others who are willing to share a table. It's great not having to negotiate when or where I want to eat with a companion. I can do what I want, when I want and with whom I want. No arguments - most relaxing way to travel IMHO. Hope you have a great trip and find all that you are looking for here. I have learned so much from this board!

cpcanuck

Archived