Time from Old Lahaina Luau back to ship

I'm from Oz

Help! It's our first time to Hawaii.

I will be in Lahaina for a day en route to HNL on ROS. We depart at 10pm but being tendered would have to be back on the tender before 9.30pm, possibly even 9:15pm (anyone know what time last tender would leave?).

I'm hoping to book Old Lahaina Luau and was wondering if we would have enough time to get back to the ship? The show finishes at 8:45pm. I know it's not far, but the logistics of everyone leaving and possibly getting cabs may take time.

Can I pre-book a cab? Would there be a booking fee?

After a few days in Waikiki we will be back in Maui staying at Ka'anapali. I thought it would help to do the OLL while in Lahaina so we would not have to fit it in with other activities/days out and would not have to drive down.

Any thoughts? Anyone done this before?:eek:

We did the Old Lahaina Luau in October. From Oct. 1 through March 31, the show ends at 8:15. We were back on the ship by 9:00. You can get a cab across the street from the luau. There are many cabs, but the process is not organized at all. We ended up getting a cab that held 8-10 people and someone had already paid the driver, so the trip back was really cheap (chipped in for the tip). It can definitely be done, but I would be a little uncomfortable if the show ends at 8:45 and the last tender is at 9:30. We made it easily on our trip. However, the show ended at 8:15 and the ship departed at 11:00, so there was not the concentration of people hurrying to get back to the ship at the same time.

Archived