Legend for a Family Reunion?

ShaynaS

My family would like me to plan a family reunion on a cruise this year. I think the Legend would be great but I am not sure if it is ok for the elderly family members. A few in our party are in their 80's and active but not partiers. Would they like this cruise and ports? The others in our party I think would like it but not sure about the few and would like everyone to be happy. Any advise would be great!!

Which ports? When are you thinking of going? I've seen all ages on Carnival Cruises, so I think they'll have fun, especially if you're all together.

I am planning on September 2009. The ports are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan with 2 sea days.

I think they'd adore it, when we sailed on her there were not tons of party people, sure there were people in clubs dancing and stuff, but not the feeling down obnoxious your thinking of.

Grand Cayman is a little rough because it tenders, but the guys that run the tenders are very careful and doubly so with older folks. I think a stingray excursion would be amazing for them, since the stingrays come on their own and they truely love people, they aren't netted in, those guys come on over and see folks gladly. I'd take my mom and dad and they would love it.

Cave tubing might be a little much for an 80 year old but I know there are other tours there. Isle de Roatan, if you get a tour with Victor Boudin he will make it exactly are you want, we toured the city, stopped for pictures, stop for coffee , went to his house with the monkeys and animals, got to learn a little about their culture. The older folk would love the cameo factory there, it's awesome.

Have fun, hope you love it. Carole

I just took that same itinerary in November and it was great...but remember that there are 2 tendering ports (Belize and GC), so if there are any mobility issues in your group you might want to think of going on an itinerary that has only 1 or no tenders at all (even though they make it as easy as possible to get on and off the tenders, sometimes the water is rough and it can make it hard to get on/off if your balance is not the best). Personally, I think they'll have a great time with these ports...lots to see and do for all ages.

Archived