Bike,hike, Kayak in Samana?

DR1963

We are thinking about doing the excursion in Samana bike, hike and Kayak. Can anyone share their experience with me? Sailing on Norwegian Dawn in March.

Hi-- we just the tour off the Jewel. Really had a good time. The bike ride they said was 2 miles, but seemed longer to me, on a level potholed road. Bikes are single speed. Then a short hike on the same road to see the blowhole which was nothing special. Then back on the open air truck to Playa Rincon beach for the kayak portion. Had about an hour there. Beautiful beach.

The tour is listed for 4 1/2 hours, but we were gone almost 7 hours. You cover alot of ground and the roads are not good, so you do spend alot of time on the truck.

There were 18 of us on the tour and a really fun bunch of people. Our tour guide was Eddie and I think he and the group made it a fun day. You don't have time for any shopping. If that's you thing, don't go on this tour.

DR1963 - As Nicky said in the other thread please join our roll call, see the link in my signature. There are a couple families on the roll call and there is meet&greet on the first sea day. We decided on the Caves & Mangroves with the Beach Break to Cayo Levantado. Should be enough activity for DS without being to ambitious.

Archived