Holland America how much deposit

macdons

Holland America is advertising "stimulus" incentive of only 50% of normal deposit. We booked and the deposit is just about 1/2 of the cost. Does anyone have knowledge of this. We booked a 33 day Hawaii and South Pacific for March 2010(rapidly filling up) and need a $4000 plus deposit. Am I misinterpreting the 50% discount deposit offering? What percentage is the deposit usually? Thanks for any help.

You would do better to ask this on the Holland America Board, but when we booked our upcoming cruise we paid about 25% for a deposit.

You don't say how your are booking, direct with HAL or through a TA, but your deposit does seem high unless you booked the penthouse suite.

Cheers,

We booked the cheap seats-inside. There are 4 of us . The total including insurance,taxeas and transfers comes to a little under $9800.

The deposit they want is 4350. Seems high. I have an email in to the company. The TA said she spoke to a supervisor and the $$ was correct. Still looking for a better opinion. Thanks

Amazingly, I have searched HAL's website and done a Google search and came up with nothing about the deposit requirements except that the normal deposit for a 7 day cruise is $350 per person. If we extrapolate, the deposit for 33 days should be no more than $1650 per person x 50% would be $825 per person. For 4 people I get that to be $3300 which is more than $1000 less than you have been told. Yeah, I'd complain too!

I have sent an email asking HAL to check on this. I just don't want to give them an extra thousand or more for over a year. Their idea of vacation stimulus falls short in this instance. Thanks for checking out the numbers.

Archived