Anyone had a superior balcony on Orchestra?

lovetexas

We have a superior balcony on the Orchestra. I am confused by the brochure and website have a square and triangle. Does this mean we have a bunk fold down bed? , or do we have a fold out couch?

Any help would be great! My dd broke her arm, and we are hoping it is totally healed by sailing time!:eek:

We had a Cat 9 Superior Balcony (9214). It had a couch that folded out to a full size bed. We kept it down the entire time & the room steward made it up daily for our kids. There was room to navigate around it to get to the desk & balcony.

I'm attaching a picture.

If you haven't seen them, here are some excellent pictures of the ship that a TA took:

http://www.supercruise.net/2009/MSC%20general%20photos/index.htm

CabSupBALC4.jpg.fc5f29eca2e8df9975bec3fd923ca8b3.jpg

Both?! Cool, I can see a tent to play while dad and I lounge on balcony with cocktails courtesy of our rum runners......:cool:

I was wondering that, but I could not figure out why they would have it that way. Can you sleep on the bunk and sleep on the fold out? Not that we need to, but just courious?

Can you sleep on the bunk and sleep on the fold out? Not that we need to, but just courious?

Yes, of course. :)

They are quad cabins.

The bunk runs along the pillow section of the sofa bed, the sofa bed pulls out in the same direction as the main bed..if that makes any sense to you.

We were in cat 10 & had a king bed & a sofa bed that opened yo a bed which we did not use. The room was spacious, the bathroom same size as std. We had more storage than std & even cat 9 which is supposed to be same size.

Thanks for the clarification we have the same style cabin (12135). Can someone please explain what they mean by the double bed comes out of the ceiling? Someone posted on another thread and told me ours is that type of bed. My wife and I aren't exactly small people and she is freaking out that 1.) it will be swinging with the motion of the ship and 2.)are there weight restrictions (she refuses to get weighed in before going to bed:eek:) 3.) how the hell do you get in and out of it. She is so not happy with me right now.:p

Hey, we are right down the hall from us. We are 12104.

I think the bed that folds down is a bunk type of bed. You will have a regular bed for adults.:D

I, like your wife, would also NOT weigh in before bed!! How dare you???:eek:

The pics listed above are great to show ya what it looks like.

Hey, we are right down the hall from us. We are 12104.

I think the bed that folds down is a bunk type of bed. You will have a regular bed for adults.:D

I, like your wife, would also NOT weigh in before bed!! How dare you???:eek:

The pics listed above are great to show ya what it looks like.

Nope, for clarification I asked if it was the typical bunk that I have heard of and she replied "no it comes out of the ceiling.":confused: I knew I should have stuck with Royal Caribbean.

That is soooo bizzare? I don't think I have ever seen that? Is it like a Murphy bed?

Why would it not have a regular bed? I am anxious to hear your review!!

Last cruise was RCI, and this suite is only a few square feet smaller, but the balcony is bigger.

I am really anxious to see the room.

Don't panic kvo, I was in this type of cabin last year..& I'm not too small either.;)

The main double bed was as you would expect, just a normal bed in the cabin....on the floor. :)

I also found it reasonably comfortable fwiw.

The sofa bed will be at the other side of the bedside table....again, positioned on the floor. The bunk is positioned on the wall (not the ceiling) above the sofa bed, & pulls out/drops down very easily, over the top end of the sofa bed.

The only problem with these cabins is that when the sofa bed is pulled out, it is a bit awkward to get to the balcony. Oh, & and of course the shower curtain will wrap itself round you & you will find it difficult to escape. :D

We are in a cabin for 4 (Cat 11). It sounds exactly like the cabin we stayed in on our Carnival ship. The adults have a regular bed and then the single sofa bed folds out and the bunk unfolds on top of it. Very typical I think.

Don't panic kvo, I was in this type of cabin last year..& I'm not too small either.;)

The main double bed was as you would expect, just a normal bed in the cabin....on the floor. :)

I also found it reasonably comfortable fwiw.

The sofa bed will be at the other side of the bedside table....again, positioned on the floor. The bunk is positioned on the wall (not the ceiling) above the sofa bed, & pulls out/drops down very easily, over the top end of the sofa bed.

The only problem with these cabins is that when the sofa bed is pulled out, it is a bit awkward to get to the balcony. Oh, & and of course the shower curtain will wrap itself round you & you will find it difficult to escape. :D

Sparky1664 - I'll take your word for it. I hope you are right or I'll be sleeping on the couch in the lobby.:D Or if it really hangs from the ceiling perhaps the cabin below!:eek:

This is the posting from the other thread.

Cabin 12135 is a Superior Balcony Cabin. It should have one bed that will drop from the ceiling and the sofa will turn into a sofa bed. The size of the cabin is equal to a balcony cabin on Holland America, Carnival or Royal Caribbean if you have sailed any of those. A little tight for 4 grown people? Possibly. But do-able, for sure- for the amount of time spent in the cabin. Plus it is a balcony! Someplace for the guys to hang out while the girls get dressed and vice-versa! I have had families of 4 (and DO have families of 4) booked into inside cabins which are much smaller and they have been fine. My advice- don't worry! You will be fine and you will have a GREAT time. This is an absolutely beautiful ship.

Lol kvo...trust me, I am always right.;) :D

It looks like that posting is perhaps referring to the extra sleeping accomodation, in addition of course to the normal double bed.

I won't bother with the argument as to whether the bunk is on the ceiling or the wall...but as I said....I'm always right.:cool:

Archived