Bucket of beer?

uptheboro

I have read about the bucket of beer and have these questions? How much is it? How much beer do you get? What kind of beer is it? Where is it available? Is it an all day and night thing, or just certain times? We don't drink alcohol during the day, but nighttime is a different story!
Thank you.

Guest cruzr44
[quote name='uptheboro']I have read about the bucket of beer and have these questions? How much is it? How much beer do you get? What kind of beer is it? Where is it available? Is it an all day and night thing, or just certain times? We don't drink alcohol during the day, but nighttime is a different story!
Thank you.[/QUOTE]

You can order any kind of beer for your "bucket". If they are bottles we just have them open a couple at a time. Any not consumed on deck we bring back to our cabin and put them on ice (we bring a collapsable cooler). They also have specials in the sports bar so read your Compass for those. It is available at any bar outside and the sports bar all the time.

On the first day on board Enchantment I saw someone with one of those buckets and asked about them. I was told it was $15 for six beers. I bought a bucket on the last sea day and didn't really read the receipt before signing (that happens after five days at sea), so I can't say if was still $15. If you plan to sit on deck with your bucket, be warned that the ice melts *very* fast, like in half an hour. I refilled it once from the ice in my room and at least twice from the bar on the pool deck, a real pain in the butt. However, I preferred the quiet of the observation deck, where only once did someone come for drink orders, so I guess I would have had to get up anyway.

I always buy the bucket, somewhere between 15 and 17 for 6 beers. I hold on to the bucket and go to just about any bar on the ship and they will refill it. When we head back to the room I take the bucket with me and the room steward has always refilled the bucket to keep the remaining beer cold. Of course we tip pretty well and usally do back to back cruises. It does save you some money.

Archived