Roll Call: Caribbean Princess May 10, 2009

wxjcupo

Hi Everyone --

We found ourselves on the May 10, 2009 sailing of the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan, thanks to an overbooking of our original cruise in February. Anyone else going to be joining the celebration? Write back!

--Jeff

Hey There!

Me and my buddy will be on the same trip. Were 26, and 28 and coming out from Cali. I've been hunting for excursions on here and finally made reservations this week for St.Lucia, and Tortola. Hope to book Barbados and Antigua in a few days.

Are you from San Juan? Im trying to find recommendations on accomodations around Old San Juan post cruise for a couple days before heading to a wedding on St. Thomas for a week. Say Hi if you get a chance. Not sure if ill be much help, but ill try.... = )

Chris

Hey There!

Me and my buddy will be on the same trip. Were 26, and 28 and coming out from Cali. I've been hunting for excursions on here and finally made reservations this week for St.Lucia, and Tortola. Hope to book Barbados and Antigua in a few days.

Are you from San Juan? Im trying to find recommendations on accomodations around Old San Juan post cruise for a couple days before heading to a wedding on St. Thomas for a week. Say Hi if you get a chance. Not sure if ill be much help, but ill try.... = )

Chris

Hi Chris!

We are booked on an excursion for Tortola (baths) and on St. Thomas (St. John), and we are doing a helicopter tour of Montserrat when we get to Antigua (not part of the ship). We need two more people to come in order for the helicopter tour to operate, so if you want to come along, that would be awesome. It's pricey, though.

We have been to St. Lucia before, so we may just chill out onboard that day.

We do live in San Juan. The gay friendly beaches in Condado may be fun for you while here. The Marriott or the Condado Beach Hotel are always great places.

Nice. Were signed up for all private tours so far. Barbados;Glory Tours land and sea day trip St. Lucia:;Cosol Day trip Antigua;Havn't found anything yet Tortola;White Squall traditional sailing all day, baths is part of the sailing I think if we want to go there with the crowds St.Thomas;chill out since were there fo a week after cruise

Can you send me some info. or the website for the helicopter ride. I was trying to find a 3rd and 4th for a helicopter tour on St.Lucia but gave up so booked the other tour instead, so might be interested....I have been looking for some good horseback riding on Antiqua but havn't really been sucessful.

Im getting ready to try and get hotel for the 2-3 days after the cruise in Old San Juan. I want to be able to walk to most places so think im going to book the Sheraton. Your opinion would be appreciated. I know there are relly nice hotels in the area you mentioned but would rather spens less on the hotel and be in old town since its our first time there and would rather spend our money on the cruise and St.Thomas week.

Do you mind if I ask you and your friends age? Age really isn't a big thing for either of us, but am curious. Our last cruise was the Atlantis Mexico sailing in October. We had fun but am not sure we like paying double for the same trip. Would rather do 2 straight cruises I think. = ). This will be our 3rd and 2nd time on this ship.

Look forward to hearing from you.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice. Were signed up for all private tours so far. Barbados;Glory Tours land and sea day trip St. Lucia:;Cosol Day trip Antigua;Havn't found anything yet Tortola;White Squall traditional sailing all day, baths is part of the sailing I think if we want to go there with the crowds St.Thomas;chill out since were there fo a week after cruise

Can you send me some info. or the website for the helicopter ride. I was trying to find a 3rd and 4th for a helicopter tour on St.Lucia but gave up so booked the other tour instead, so might be interested....I have been looking for some good horseback riding on Antiqua but havn't really been sucessful.

Im getting ready to try and get hotel for the 2-3 days after the cruise in Old San Juan. I want to be able to walk to most places so think im going to book the Sheraton. Your opinion would be appreciated. I know there are relly nice hotels in the area you mentioned but would rather spens less on the hotel and be in old town since its our first time there and would rather spend our money on the cruise and St.Thomas week.

Do you mind if I ask you and your friends age? Age really isn't a big thing for either of us, but am curious. Our last cruise was the Atlantis Mexico sailing in October. We had fun but am not sure we like paying double for the same trip. Would rather do 2 straight cruises I think. = ). This will be our 3rd and 2nd time on this ship.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Chris!

Sorry for the delayed response! I have been lax in getting on this site as of late. Real busy. Sorry about that.

Here is the website to the Montserrat Tour:

http://caribbeanhelicopters.com/Tour-Montserrat.aspx

Would love it if you could come along.

The Sheraton is nice and centrally located to everything in Old San Juan. You can't go wrong. Depending on how much money you have, you may also want to check out the El Convento which is steeped in history and is a gorgeous place also in Old San Juan. It all depends on your pockets.

I am 35 and my partner is 34. This will be the first time on Princess and on this ship for the both of us. We were very lucky actually. We were supposed to go on the Feb sailing of the same itinerary and ship, but were asked by Princess to go on this one instead since they were oversold. They gave us full reimbursement on this cruise and a nice upgrade to a balcony (we usually book interiors). So, we took them up on the offer. Since we live here, it didn't inconvenience us in the least.

I agree with you about the Atlantis. My partner and I prefer straight cruises. Cheaper and less taxing (in so many ways)!

Looking forward to meeting you.

--Jeff

Hey Jeff,

No worries. I actually just returned from St. Croix for a week and had to go thru San Juan both times. I got to see the Sheraton in relationship to old town and the cruise terminal, so that was nice to see. I went ahead and booked the sheraton last month for 3 nights post-cruise since its nicly located and we are getting a car in St.Thomas instead of San Juan.

The helicopter tour looks great, and is actually a great deal considoring the time up in the air. I dont think we can swing another $200 on excursions though as we have already racked up quite a bill on the other islands. Were goin to lay low on Antiqua, and St. Thomas I think. Looks great though on the website. I hope you can find 2 more people to make it happen.

Good deal on the upgrade! I got crazy while booking and got one of the hard to get mini-suites towards the back of the boat with the gigantic balcony, so am pretty excited about that.

I had a couple questions about San Juan for you, but I have to run, so Ill hit you up again soon.

Later,

Chris

Hey Jeff,

No worries. I actually just returned from St. Croix for a week and had to go thru San Juan both times. I got to see the Sheraton in relationship to old town and the cruise terminal, so that was nice to see. I went ahead and booked the sheraton last month for 3 nights post-cruise since its nicly located and we are getting a car in St.Thomas instead of San Juan.

The helicopter tour looks great, and is actually a great deal considoring the time up in the air. I dont think we can swing another $200 on excursions though as we have already racked up quite a bill on the other islands. Were goin to lay low on Antiqua, and St. Thomas I think. Looks great though on the website. I hope you can find 2 more people to make it happen.

Good deal on the upgrade! I got crazy while booking and got one of the hard to get mini-suites towards the back of the boat with the gigantic balcony, so am pretty excited about that.

I had a couple questions about San Juan for you, but I have to run, so Ill hit you up again soon.

Later,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Anytime you need me for more info, just holler. Since you have a suite, let's move the party to your room! ;-)

Cheers!

--Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Later,

Chris

BTW, here's my home e-mail: wxjpc@yahoo.com if you want to chat there.

Thanks Jeff. Im sure I have questions....just need time to sit down and write them out. Lol. Have you found anyone to do the helicopter ride with yet? What are you going to do if you cant find a 3rd and 4th?

Later,

C.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Jeff. Im sure I have questions....just need time to sit down and write them out. Lol. Have you found anyone to do the helicopter ride with yet? What are you going to do if you cant find a 3rd and 4th?

Later,

C.

Hey --

If we can't find a 3rd or 4th, then we will simply save the money and relax onboard.

--Jeff

Well I hope you guys find others to join you. We are still plan on just hanging out that day as of now. So we are getting into SJU rather early (longass redeye from LAX) in the morning on the 10th, I think around 9:30. Do you have any suggestions on what we should do to kill time until heading over to the pier, keeping in mind we will have 2 weeks worth of luggage with us? Im not overly confident that we will be able to drop our bags off until at least noon. If I remember correctly, SJU doesn't have any good places to hang out either. Add to that, well have been traveling since 4pm the previous day and will be so ready for a shower.....not looking forward to that part of the trip.

Talk to you soon!

C.

Well I hope you guys find others to join you. We are still plan on just hanging out that day as of now. So we are getting into SJU rather early (longass redeye from LAX) in the morning on the 10th, I think around 9:30. Do you have any suggestions on what we should do to kill time until heading over to the pier, keeping in mind we will have 2 weeks worth of luggage with us? Im not overly confident that we will be able to drop our bags off until at least noon. If I remember correctly, SJU doesn't have any good places to hang out either. Add to that, well have been traveling since 4pm the previous day and will be so ready for a shower.....not looking forward to that part of the trip.

Talk to you soon!

C.

This is wxjcupo's other half. He's on a business trip the rest of this week, but I thought I would answer for him. You are right, bag pick up probably won't begin until noon, but you can confirm this ahead of time. If you have a LOT of luggage, there isn't much you can do without lugging it around and I can't think of any place that would hold it for you. But 9:30 to noon, factoring in waiting for luggage, lines, taxis, travel time, etc..., isn't really all that long a wait until you can queue up. And we have found the earlier you get there, the better the line is for the ship. We waited til 2 pm once and, UGH!, we were in that thing FOREVER. We did it a little after noon the last time and we were on board before we knew it. So, just pack what you will need for that first day into a carry on and chances are you'll be showering in your room in no time.

Hey there Jeff's other half! Thanks for the reply. I figured that would be the case....was just hoping there would at least be a place at the airport to kill a couple hours. i hear there isn't any place to wait around at the PanAm pier so dont want to get there before 11 I think. I quess we will just wing it once we find out how early the porters begin accepting luggage. We dont have any plans on exploring San Juan that day since well be so tired and just want to eat and grab a quick nap.

Eventually i need to ask you guys about what to do for our 3 days in San Juan post cruise. Were not going to rent a car since we are getting a car for a week in St. Thomas after we leave San Juan on Wednesday.

Thanks again!

Chris

Yeah, the PanAm pier is in a horrible spot, but that's the one Celebrity is always in, of course. At the airport there is a hotel and several restaurants, they might offer some respite from your long-haul plane ride.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again for the info guys. I think we have everything lined up now for the sea portion of our trip, but im sure will have some questions about what to do for our 3 days in San Juan afterwards. Almost time to start packing. It's been pretty cold in Cali. lately so looking forward to some heat.

later.

Thanks again for the info guys. I think we have everything lined up now for the sea portion of our trip, but im sure will have some questions about what to do for our 3 days in San Juan afterwards. Almost time to start packing. It's been pretty cold in Cali. lately so looking forward to some heat.

later.

Looking forward to meeting you both!

Hey guys,

One last question...is there anywhere at the Pan-am Pier to sit and wait, that is out of the elements (rain is being forcasted, but too much sun might not be good either). i dont want to get a cab over there after we arrive at 9am just to find nowhere to hang around until they open around noon.

figured you guys might have sailed from the pier before and would have an answer. See ya soon. = )

chris

Archived