hidden mickeys

shawnonrev

It appears that the link is having issues, so try this one.

Now, with that said, keep in mind a few things.

First, a true Hidden Mickey, youll never see. It was the designer or builder, that put something into to say thats mine. For example. The Haunted Mansion here in Orlando MK. When you first go into the waiting room, Your in his face,then move to the room that stretches, (there are 2 stretching rooms) your in one of his ears.Youll see it on a blueprint, but will never know it in reality. Look in the lower left hand corner, and youll see it.

The hidden Mickeys that we do see, was a builder or cast member that made it seeable, such as the fountains at the Market Place in Downtown Disney, or the road signs on property.It could be only 3 circles,(like the 3 plates in the dining room of the Haunted Mansion) or it could be his entire body such as a statue in a window.Those are all over the place.

With that said, its a fun game to play, to see how many youll find, vs someone else. It may be obvious, it may be harder to find.Also, Mickey is NOT the only charachter hidden. Youll see Goofy, Minnie, and others around the ship.

Ill give you a few of the more obvious ones, along with some other things to watch for.

First, when you get to the airport in Orlando, if you use the DCL check in, look around. Youll see a few there.Check the CMs nametag. Check a DCL bus if one is parked nearby.

When you drive to Cocoa, and you drive down the 528/Beeline/Beachline/ what ever it is this week, the road will split, and the speed limit will change. One side will go to Kennedy Space Center, the other will merge to I think its A1A. When you go up and down the hills, keep watching slightly to the left of your direction of travel. Youll see the terminals in the distance. BTW. Really imprtant note. TAKE A MAP OF ORLANDO/CENTRAL FLORIDA WITH YOU. The state is very dry , and I cant guaruntee that youll be able to take the 528 all the way in. You might get detoured due to a brush fire.

On the day that you drive to the ship, as you come in to the terminal, youll come around the stern (hint sound familiar :D ) of the ship. Youll see, Donald and his nephews painting the stern of the ship. At Nassau or CC look at the bow, you'll see Mickey there also, in the striping.

After you park, and are ready to enter the bldg, stop and look for a minute. First the hands of the clock are Mickeys. Second, look at the columns, to the right and left of clock tower, between the windows.

When enter the bldg, to go thru security, look around. Youll see some there. Look at the floors when you enter the 2nd floor. Youll see some there. Then look at the beginning of the line to enter the gangway.

There is alot in the lobby after,and during your check in, so look around. When you get on deck 8 or 9 look at the back of the bldg.

The best I can tell you is that youll never see them all, and some one will see something that you dont. And vice versa.

So Good Luck!

Most of those are what re called Decor Mickeys. Those are charachters that you're supposed to see like the charachters on the transom and the mouse hand on the elevators.

The hidden Mickeys are the mickeys that are not obvious at first glance.

Hiddenmickeys.org does seem to be down. Here's another site with hidden Mickeys: http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/catalog.php?id=38 . I bought their books and they are a lot of fun. Hidden Mickey hunting adds another thing to do at Disney parks.

Most of those are what re called Decor Mickeys. Those are charachters that you're supposed to see like the charachters on the transom and the mouse hand on the elevators.

Hiddenmickeys.org does seem to be down. Here's another site with hidden Mickeys: http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/catalog.php?id=38 . I bought their books and they are a lot of fun. Hidden Mickey hunting adds another thing to do at Disney parks.

Thats correct. I have a book also, dont think its the same one though. It has very few of the ones onboard the ships. The book I have, actually defines what would be a true mickey, or characther, and assigns points based on difficulty in spotting it.

What I was tryig to do, without giving away all of the ones I have seen and take the fun out of it, was to point out a few other interesting details, on the ships themselves, such as the artwork in the gold on the bow, and the charachters on the stern.

This is a cool site.

I know our family with both of you guys info. We are going to look like first timers pointing at things. People will be like why are they pointing at clocks and metal on the ship. It will be our thing;)

I hope when I get back I will have a great TR to give. We are leaving on Tuesday. We will do this when we are waiting to get on and maybe we can find some well doing the fun boat drill.:rolleyes:

I do not have time to order any books so thank you guys for the great help.

Praying for great weather:D

Oh, I like your weatherman better.:D What site do you go to?

What does it say about the day back? :rolleyes:I do not want to book parasailing on the 1st of march if it is raining in Florida.:o

It sounds silly to be 32 years old and looking forward to parasailing:rolleyes:

I am scared of heights and so it is DARE for me to do. ;)

Be save at work truck1 so you can read our TR when I get back.:D

Ginny

Oh, I like your weatherman better.:D What site do you go to?

What does it say about the day back? :rolleyes:I do not want to book parasailing on the 1st of march if it is raining in Florida.:o

It sounds silly to be 32 years old and looking forward to parasailing:rolleyes:

I am scared of heights and so it is DARE for me to do. ;)

Be save at work truck1 so you can read our TR when I get back.:D

Ginny

Weather.com and use Nassau Bahamas for the city. You can also use Freeport, Bahamas, and average the 2 temps. They are close enough to be only a degree or 2 off.

Archived