MSC 1/24 sailing with our 5 kids - VERY satisfied customers!

FOURunderFOUR

Did you get a postcard of the Orchestra with your cruise documents? If you look at the picture, I think the railings at issue are on the very top deck at the back (okay I suppose I should say aft) of the ship. Someone said they were aound the mini golf course. It would be a bad fall to the deck below but it does not look like you would fall off the ship. Similar railings appear down by the lifeboats, but my guess is those are on top of a solid wall that is couple of feet high in the muster area.

Can anyone tell me anything about volleyball?

We never noticed any issues with the railings. Our kid's leaned against them on deck 7 (below the life boats) to get some pictures & I never felt any concern. They also spent a lot of time on our aft balcony & I can't see how they could have fallen over without climbing. We did; however, give them a lecture about the balcony and the railing before we embarked.

The net on the tennis court can be raised for volleyball. I saw some folks playing one afternoon & they looked like they were enjoying themselves.

are there any specific ones you are asking about? several people have mentioned this but i honestly do not recall ANY that concerned me. Of course we never let our kids climb on any railings, but i also don't remember them standing by any that worried me.

The railings on deck 14 at the back and the promenade deck. In pictures the rails look to be about 12 inches apart. My kids know not to climb on the rails but they always lean on the rails for pictures etc.

thanks

Misand:)

Archived