Cozumel or Grand Cayman?

GAMOM4

I've found everywhere in the Caribbean wonderful. We've been to both places. Stingray city was a hoot petting and feeding the stingrays. My wife still has a picture of that experience as her computer desktop and that was 5 years ago. I don't think our smiles have ever been bigger. Our visit to Cozumel included Tulum but it was in February - not July so the temp was fine.

Cost seems to be a big factor so I suggest you stuff the kids in your room - you won't spend much time there anyway. Don't forget to factor in ship automatic tipping and beverages into your cost. A second day in port will also cost if you're taking advantage of an excursion. Beware, if you're experience is like ours - you will be smitten and 4 days will just be a taste.

I don't know where you call home but it was -35 here last week so the blue waters, warm breezes, palm trees has hooked me forever.

Our next cruise is on April 19th out of Tampa and includes Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. Can't wait...:):):)

Well, if I had to choose just one, I'd pick Cozumel. Been to GC twice - the first time we walked up to Royal Palms, the 2nd time we just sat around at Paradise Restaurant and ate lunch - the rest of the time was taken up tendering and riding the bus back and forth from the OTHER docking location Spot's Bay (too many ships at Georgetown). Also, there is the possibility that the water will be too rough and you can't tender, so then you don't get to have a port call. Cozumel is a pier port, so you can come and go as you please, there's plenty of cheap shopping right there and lots to do on the island such as all-inclusive beaches like Nachi Cocum, jeep rentals to drive around and see the ruins, cooking classes, etc. Plus, I just LOVE REAL Mexican food!

I am thinking of these exact itineraries myself for our August cruise. We did GC and Calica last time on the Inspiration. GC is wonderful, clean, and very tourist friendly, but it was a short stop, and I felt like I was constantly watching the time. Tendering was fine, smooth, and we never waited too long. But again, that takes time, and weather must cooperate.

We had teenagers, and getting them up early wasn't fun. But once up and off, they did manage to have a good time and make some memories.

I think we will pick the 4 night this time, with just Cozumel. Seems like having a sea day before and after a nice long port day will be a more relaxing cruise overall.

Holly

Archived