Dominica cruise tour bus crash

Trail46

I took that tour last year on my twelve day cruise. It seemed like one of their first times doing the tour, not super organized. The people were all very nice and knowledgeable. The scariest thing was the freakin' bus/trucks they used, Rotting plywood seats, rotting roof supports, brakes that mostly worked. floor boards that were rotting, just painted over with bright colors to look good.

P2290001.jpg

:eek:

Here's a link to the article from the Miami Herald with a photo of the actual crash

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/travel/caribbean/story/919118.html

286-517-Dom-HP.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

Your pictures were so good I posted them with your name on the Celebrity thread about this. Hope you don't mind. Thank you. Here is the link for you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18325379&highlight=#post18325379

Laura

we were on the summit sailing 2/14 and had a tour booked for dominica on the 16th for the zip line adventure park. after waiting for over an hour in the hot sun the guys were told that there was a crash blocking the road and that they were trying to make a "new road" to get them there. One of the main reasons I booked the April 2010 cruise is for them to get the chance to go there again, hope they get the roads fixed by then!

I know accidents can haappen but I am glad that we've chosen Samana to be the port that we stay on the ship and enjoy the pool.

We choose one port each cruise to do this at and it really is a nice quiet day with hardly anyone else around.

We can see Samana on a later cruise when they've built up some and have safer vehicles for the excursions.

I know accidents can haappen but I am glad that we've chosen Samana to be the port that we stay on the ship and enjoy the pool.

We choose one port each cruise to do this at and it really is a nice quiet day with hardly anyone else around.

We can see Samana on a later cruise when they've built up some and have safer vehicles for the excursions.

Just an FYI Samana is in the Dominican Republic. This is not the same as Dominica where the accident happened. Dominica is a small island nation between Guadaloupe and Martinique.

Just an FYI Samana is in the Dominican Republic. This is not the same as Dominica where the accident happened. Dominica is a small island nation between Guadaloupe and Martinique.

Opps, thanks (said with egg on my face):)

Archived