10:05 a.m. flight....can I make it???

jkjmt

my husband got our return flights out of Ft lauderdale at 12:37 :eek:we port in miami. will we make the flight? what are our chances of getting a taxi from port to ft lauderdale airport? I am scared spitless we will miss the flight.

Anybody done this before?:confused:

please tell me i am going to make this flight.

We are doing something similar, in that our flight is at 12:15 from FLL and we are porting in MIA. I am going to show my tickets to the purser's desk to get VIP tags to debark with and (maybe, depends on how many bags) might self-debark. Since I am traveling with a 6 yr old, a DH and a 72 yr old MIL, the last one doesn't sound as good to me!

We've already contacted SAS to have them take us to the port from our hotel pre-cruise and to pick us up post cruise.

we just used sas and steve was terrific. i emailed him several times before our cruise and he replied within 24 hours each time. flying in, we had a 2 hr delay in newark. i called to let him know. when we got into fll and got our luggage, i called and he was there within 10 min. and took us to our hotel in miami. we had a 10:15 am flight out of fll coming home. we docked in miami, did self assist debarkment. we walked off at app. 7:25. there were 14 of us. as soon as i went through customs, i called steve. by the time everyone in our party went through customs, steve was there and loading us up. we were on the road by 8, at the airport by 8:30. plenty of time to grab a coffe and sit before our flight.

i highly recommend sas. steve was very courteous and professional. i was worried about making our flight but felt confident after talking to steve. van was clean and in excellent condition.

when they start calling for self assist to get off, just go. we were waiting for them to call our deck but i decided it was taking too long and we just went. by the time we got the elevator, they were calling our deck. whole procedure went well, it wasn't crazy, not a lot of people using self assist. it worked for us.

my husband got our return flights out of Ft lauderdale at 12:37 :eek:we port in miami. will we make the flight? what are our chances of getting a taxi from port to ft lauderdale airport? I am scared spitless we will miss the flight.

Anybody done this before?:confused:

please tell me i am going to make this flight.

Unless you have a delay getting into port, that wont be a problem. We were on Liberty in August and had an 11:30 flight out of FLL, we were off the ship and at the airport by 10 and through security in about 15 minutes!

• 3 weeks later...

We made it!!!! Piece of cake!!!! We got off the Carnival Freedom at 6:30 a.m. using self-debark. Taxis arrived by 6:45 and we were at the airport by 6:50. Luggage checked (inside....outside check had a guy there checking about 15 pieces of luggage) and through security in 10-15 minutes. Sitting at the gate at 7:05 a.m.

I did worry alot before hand.....would I do it again......probably......it was worth the worrying to be home at 2:30 p.m. (western New York).....:D

We made it!!!! Piece of cake!!!! We got off the Carnival Freedom at 6:30 a.m. using self-debark. Taxis arrived by 6:45 and we were at the airport by 6:50. Luggage checked (inside....outside check had a guy there checking about 15 pieces of luggage) and through security in 10-15 minutes. Sitting at the gate at 7:05 a.m.

I did worry alot before hand.....would I do it again......probably......it was worth the worrying to be home at 2:30 p.m. (western New York).....:D

Glad you made it ...

Joanne

So you all have made me feel better about a 12:30 pm flight on Jet Blue out of FLL from the Miami port. I had been hesitant but think it will be ok to book that flight.

Does anyone know how many people the SAS shuttle can carry? I will have at least 11 people if not more.

So you all have made me feel better about a 12:30 pm flight on Jet Blue out of FLL from the Miami port. I had been hesitant but think it will be ok to book that flight.

Does anyone know how many people the SAS shuttle can carry? I will have at least 11 people if not more.

When you contact SAS, they will tell you what vans they will use, etc. when you tell them how many you have that are needing to leave.

Archived