Sale starting monday 3/2?

RandomIam

Our friends asked us this morning if we had paid in full for our September cruise yet. We told them no and they said 'dont!'. Their TA told them that there was some special sale starting tomorrow and that they might be able to upgrade cabins or to a longer cruise. Anyone know anything about it?

I don't know but if it's true thank you for posting about it...we're planning to cancel our double dip in Nov. and book a cheaper Disney cruise as my dh's hours have been cut back drastically. I hope there's a good sale tomorrow. Wonder if it will start at midnight EST???

I have not heard anything about it, and I have a complimentary hold on a cat 6 room. I was going to make the down payment today, but I think Ill wait till tommorow to see what happens, since I have a hold on the room till the 4th.

Thanks for posting this. I do think it is a little wierd though, since "DCL claims" that TAs do not give any advantage of using them and that the same promotions are available through them directly. I have even been told by a CM at reservations that they loose money on TAs as they have to give them a % and as a result, they can not offer anything that DCL does not. They go on to say, that this is the reason that TA when working with DCL can only offer SBC promotions. This SBC is available as they offer it (part of that %) as a way to get business. Please be sure to come back here to let us know. Hey loveysbydesign~ We too are booked for the Nov. DD... :) We too do not know if we will keep it as it is at an ackward time for the kids with school. We booked it last March when on the ship. Let's KIT as the time goes on. Are you on "the other place" site?;)

Rates as of Monday, March 2, 2009. Rates valid through Sunday, March 8, 2009. Rates are per person, based on double occupancy.*

4-Night Bahamian Cruise

Date Category Rates Starting From

April 12 12 $649

April 19 12 $449

May 10 12 $449

May 17 12 $449

7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise

March 7 12 $899

April 18 12 $699

September 5 11 $899

7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

February28 12 $899

March 14 12 $999

April 25 12 $699

May 9 12 $799

May 23 12 $999

August 29 12 $999

So just to let you know, it is only for one week and only for a certain amount of sailings. So thanks to the OP who posted this. I do not think the Tink family will be able to choose one of these dates at such short notice as they would be a big problem with school and the kiddos.

I just wanted to look into this. Believe it or not the Tink family is out the door to WDW......:D

Okay, the site does not allow me to edit the above post because it has been longer than 15 minutes... :mad: So here is the update. I called DCL, the thing is the discount is not for the entire cruise, it is only for the categories listed in the promo. So only the 11 or 12 is on sail. Now beaware, when sailing with DCL if you are a family of 4 people, when booking a Cat. 12, you will have to book a GTY status stateroom as the cat 12s only hold 3 people. So the bottom line is you have to book one of the listed cats. on the listed sailing dates. The Magical rates do not apply to other cat. on those sailings. So I hope this helps. I also hope what I typed was clear as we are off to the airport in a bit for WDW....:)

Thanks for posting this. I do think it is a little wierd though, since "DCL claims" that TAs do not give any advantage of using them and that the same promotions are available through them directly. I have even been told by a CM at reservations that they loose money on TAs as they have to give them a % and as a result, they can not offer anything that DCL does not. They go on to say, that this is the reason that TA when working with DCL can only offer SBC promotions. This SBC is available as they offer it (part of that %) as a way to get business. Please be sure to come back here to let us know. Hey loveysbydesign~ We too are booked for the Nov. DD... :) We too do not know if we will keep it as it is at an ackward time for the kids with school. We booked it last March when on the ship. Let's KIT as the time goes on. Are you on "the other place" site?;)

We're trying to book 2 Cat/ 12's for a May 2nd Western and it will save us $1000! My dh says he doesn't care where he sleeps as long as we get to go...and the kids and I agree with him!!!

Okay, the site does not allow me to edit the above post because it has been longer than 15 minutes... :mad: So here is the update. I called DCL, the thing is the discount is not for the entire cruise, it is only for the categories listed in the promo. So only the 11 or 12 is on sail. Now beaware, when sailing with DCL if you are a family of 4 people, when booking a Cat. 12, you will have to book a GTY status stateroom as the cat 12s only hold 3 people. So the bottom line is you have to book one of the listed cats. on the listed sailing dates. The Magical rates do not apply to other cat. on those sailings. So I hope this helps. I also hope what I typed was clear as we are off to the airport in a bit for WDW....:)

Enjoy your trip and soak up some rays for me and be sure to tell mickey that my 20 month old can't wait to go on the "mickey boat"(he loves to watch the podcasts online-lol)...it's snowing here and we have over 6 inches right now.:D

I just called my travel agent, and he said the deal is only for Disney Vacation Club members. We are not, so it doesn't effect our booking. Thanks for the tip anyway though!

This is what was posted on th toher boards

"Kids Sail For 50% Off

Kids 12 and under get 50% off prevailing cruise fares at time of booking.

Offer Details:

• 50% off kids 12 and under

• 3-, 4- and 7-night sailings

• Most sail dates from March 26 through May 14, 2009

• Two full-fare Guests in the same stateroom

• Government Taxes and Fees not included

Offer applies to new bookings only. The number of staterooms allocated for this offer is limited. Other offers, discounts or onboard credits do not apply. See Disney Cruise Line brochure for details and applicable terms and conditions."

I just checked the Disney website and the kids 50% off sale is listed on there under special promotions. It worked for the cat 10 I checked on. You do not have to be a DVC member to take advantage of this. The special rate code is KHO. However, it says it only applies to new bookings, so it seems they won't do any price adjustments if you've already paid for your cruise. However, if you are a fl res. they will make a price adjustment for those rates.

I just checked the Disney website and the kids 50% off sale is listed on there under special promotions. It worked for the cat 10 I checked on. You do not have to be a DVC member to take advantage of this. The special rate code is KHO. However, it says it only applies to new bookings, so it seems they won't do any price adjustments if you've already paid for your cruise. However, if you are a fl res. they will make a price adjustment for those rates.

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!!! It wasn't on there earlier today!:D

Archived