Dolphin Encounter..

Julzizzle

I don't remember the Dolphin Encounter being on Grand Cayman. We did it in Cozumel and loved it. It's a pricey excursion, particularly for a family of four :eek:, but we loved it and it was well worth it.

The Dolphin Encounter on Cozumel is in Chankanaab (sp?) park. The beach there is beautiful and the snorkeling is fantastic...

I did the dolphin swim at Cozumel at Chankanaab.

http://*****.com/cjhwg2

I booked the excursion through the ship (I was on NCL).

I felt that it was definitely worth the money, it was something I'd wanted to do for a really long time. If you're comfortable booking excursions independently, it would be very easy to do so there.

I don't know anything about other dolphin encounters.

Be sure to note if it is a dolphin encounter or a dolphin swim. Sometimes there is a less expensive one that only involves seeing the dolphins rather than actually getting in and swimming with them. I personally think it is worth the extra to be able to swim with them. You can also get your picture of you with a dolphin "kissing" you which is an extra $25 or so. We had to just pay that when we were there.

Can't compare the two, but we were recently in Conzumel and did the Dolphin Push Pull or something similar to that. It was the tour that was a little more expensive than the Dolphin Encounter. It was pricey but the facility is very nice, well maintained and reasonably oraganized, lockers, (included) to secure your things, showers etc. They photograph and video your group, about 10 to 12 people,(there were 5 of us) which you can purchase after your swim, that too is pricey, but what the hey!

It was a tremendous experience and I hate to say worth the money, (because I'm cheap) but it really was worth it!

Archived