Okay, E728 For Alaska Vs. C753...Opininons!

Travel-Jen

So I had (BB balcony, full aft, no beams) C753 for our Alaskan cruise, and just gave it up and upgraded to E728 on the Sapphire (AD, corner minsuite portside with extended balcony). I thought I was going to pass out when I found it available, when the covered mini's have been sold out. Someone must have cancelled.

I wanted E728 from day 1, but could never get it. I wanted it because it has the extended HUGE covered balcony, and is port side. Traveling southbound to Alaska, portside is important. I was pleasantly surprised to see it available last night, and grabbed it as soon as I found it available! And it was only $300 more (total). My husband was ecstatic as well, so I hope we made a nice choice.

I know about the whole Club Fusion issue being downstairs, but honestly don't think it will bother us. We are night owls on vacation, and generally aren't in bed until 1-2am anyway, so the music shouldn't interfere with our sleep.

Did we make a good choice, both rooms seemed nice based on reviews, but we opted for more space, bigger balcony for Alaska. But yes, C753 is up for grabs...LOL! As well as 2 other afts...D741 (partial beam) & E735 (beam).

We had last mini on the Grand, although starboard in October. Absolutely loved it, no noise whatsoever. The balcony was large enough to hold your own party. We had a full side view along with seeing the wake. We hope to cruise Alaska next year and just starting to take a look see now.

Chesie, can you tell us what balcony furniture you had, and what kind?? Also, is there a curtain in the shower, or a door?? How was the bed?? Any other info you can give would be greatly apreciated!!! As you can tell, we have this cabin on our upcoming cruise, and am very curious!!! Thanks............

Probably not a problem for Alaska but I have heard various complaints about these side extended Emerald deck balconies being so windy as to be unuseable on some Hawaii sailings, Transatlantics and when high winds/rough seas in Caribbean.

On the other hand, I have had C753/C752 when in very windy conditions and not any wind for that balcony.

I think they are both great balconies.

I've also read about wind, I think we'll take our chances though. We'll just gear up and prepare for Alaskan weather ;)!

Sometimes I think Princess holds good rooms until closer to the sailing date, because in the last few weeks really good rooms have become available. I literally check every day, or every other day since I've booked back in October...and there are better rooms available now, than back in October. Either that, or there have been quite a bit of cancellations.

E728, E731, & C753 all in the last month or so. In addition to that, 2 other aft rooms are available, and on and off a coveted covered Emerald minisuite.

Not sure what's going on, but I won't complain. I'm glad checking frequently has paid off!

Archived