Public Transportation in Miami?

LaShelle2

Will be flying into Miami next month 3:45 pm. I don't want to rent a car $120 per day. Doesn't seem worth it for a few hours. My hotel Wyndham Airport (got it for $79 on priceline woohoo!!!) has a free airport shuttle, but nothing else.

I would like to visit the beach.

The hotel concierge states it is about $30 each way for a cab. $60 for a couple of hours at the beach still seems a little much for my budget. I know for some people it may not be a big deal, but I travel on a budget.

I am willing to take a bus or subway. Does anyone know if you can catch a subway or bus from the airport that will take you to the beach? I am thinking this couldn't be more than $5-10 per person.

Will be flying into Miami next month 3:45 pm. I don't want to rent a car $120 per day. Doesn't seem worth it for a few hours. My hotel Wyndham Airport (got it for $79 on priceline woohoo!!!) has a free airport shuttle, but nothing else.

I would like to visit the beach.

The hotel concierge states it is about $30 each way for a cab. $60 for a couple of hours at the beach still seems a little much for my budget. I know for some people it may not be a big deal, but I travel on a budget.

I am willing to take a bus or subway. Does anyone know if you can catch a subway or bus from the airport that will take you to the beach? I am thinking this couldn't be more than $5-10 per person.

Public transport to South beach is possible,

take the hotel shuttle to the airport,get the no 7 from concourse E to Downtown, Government centre,then either the S or C to South Beach.Lincoln Av, will take about 1 hr

Miamedade transit web site will give all bus schedules

$2 bus to bus transfer http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/south_miamidade_busway.as

Archived