Question for Arubalisa

Z3RACERGIRL

Arubalisa,

I have read many of your posts, and you have shared a wealth of info with people about this island. You also anwered my question about the cost of Morgan's Island waterpark, but after looking at your helicopter photos of the park, it looks totally deserted and rather desolate. I think we may decide on something different for our day in Aruba. My hubby and I were in Aruba on our honeymoon, and did the DePalm island thing, we are avid snorkelers with our own gear and were a bit disappointed with the marine life. Where would you suggest as an alternative site to snorkel while here? Do you remember the approx. cost of the helicopter tour? We both love the scenery of an aerial tour and may decide on this instead. Thanks for all your insight about the beautiful island of Aruba!

Hello and thank you for your kind words.

The aerials of Morgan's Island were taken in June and the park did not open until December so what you saw in the photos was not complete.

The helicopter tour was one of the best excursions we have taken on the island (the other two being Tranquilo and Jolly Pirates.) The Island tour is not cheap at $130 pp. Unfortunately their website is not working properly but you can see their rate page here. You can view the cache of their other pages here. Email contact@arubahelitours.com

For snorkeling check out some of these threads for ideas

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/tags.php?tag=aruba+snorkeling

Our favorite shore snorkel is Malmok/Catalina Cove.

Arubalisa,

Thanks again for the wealth of info you provide on this forum. My husband did point out after I posted that the water park seemed to still be under construction, just as you said. Even so, I am starting to think that the heli tour would be such an awesome experience for us- we live only an hour from Pigeon Forge , TN (Smoky Mountains), and the water parks are rather plentiful here, so I am inclined to take in something that I cant do at home while on the island. Looks like we would have time to do the heli tour and snorkel as well, which would make for a fun day for us. Thanks again for all your insight- our time in port is so limited, we all want to enjoy it to the fullest!

we live only an hour from Pigeon Forge , TN (Smoky Mountains), and the water parks are rather plentiful here, so I am inclined to take in something that I cant do at home while on the island.
We are the same way and the waterparks here in Georgia are less expensive. :)

Archived