Pirates of Nassau & Historical Highlights Tour?

MESPal

I just returned from Nassau but did not do this tour. I did see the group and there were so many people on this tour. When you get off the ship all the tour people will meet you where you get off - each with their signs. I was amazed at how many people were taking the tour you are asking about. My concern would be - do they break you up into smaller groups once you get away from the ship? If not, I'm not sure how you can hear your leader. It would be simply too large, but maybe someone here took the tour and have some positive things to say. We are going back in November and want do to a similar tour but think we are going to get that map that is available and do a self guided tour.

Thanks so much for the reply. The crowd you mentioned is the exact reason we always go off on our own. We usually do independent tours, but thought this one might be fun...nope, not with a huge crowd.

We are going to do the Walking Tour suggested by Zydecocruiser. This fits our style of travelling and if we get to the pirates' museum, fine, if not, we'll catch it next time.

Your reply was exactly what I was looking for.

We have a group going October 31. I've been asked to work up a walking tour for everyone. I've pulled the information from cruise critic and also got the map from frommers. I'm going to add to that one. I have looked up the Pirates Museum which is right along the route. Cost is $12 for adults. They have a website. Barcardi has opened up an outlet store in the downtown area that I want to incorporate, possible a couple neat restaurants like Conch Fritters and I've heard there's a rum cake store with samples. I'm still checking that one out.

I remember looking at the group that was meeting to go on the tour and thought OMG I'm so glad we didn't do that. I think the best option would be to get off she ship and take off while that group is still gather up - get you in FRONT of them. LOL

NanaOfBKM,

I want to thank you for your reply, I think will do the same as you and do a walking tour for my group. I hate to be in large crowds and not be able to understand what is going on during a tour. We ar celebrating my DH B-Day on this cruise. I will check the sites you listed for maps and things. Lisa:)

We are definitely doing the Walking Tour so wonderfully photographed and described by Zydecocruiser from the Frommer's site. We'll also wander on down to the Bacardi Outlet that has been mentioned as well as the Rum Cake Store.

Thanks so much for all the wonderful replies to this thread. Keep 'em coming!

We are definitely doing the Walking Tour so wonderfully photographed and described by Zydecocruiser from the Frommer's site.

Can someone post a link to the Walking Tour that has been mentioned from the Frommer's site??? I would love to do this on our own instead of through the cruise ship. Thanks!

Archived