Rainforest hike

jazzcat

Go to the Celebrity website and find your cruise. Click on Excursions and the ones for your trip and others in the same general area will be shown. I've already narrowed my choices down. You can also book them ahead of time. We usually book as soon as we get on the ship. But last year before our S. Carib. cruise on Adventure, we booked online. We will probably book ahead again for Feb.

Explorer E. Carib. 1/12/02

Explorer W. Carib. 1/18/03

Summit Alaska cruise/tour 8/3/03

Adventure S. Carib. 2/8/04

Galaxy Panama Canal 2/3/05

• 1 month later...
Has anyone done this? If so, how strenuous was it? Do they march you at a fast pace? My mother is worried about not being able to keep up (but she can swim for miles...). Thanks!

Hi!

We were on the 12/10-12/20 Panama Canal cruise aboard the Coral Princess and took this tour. It was a real disappointment. We saw a few birds (barely) and no other wildlife. The guide was OK, but my girlfriend did a better job of spotting birds than he did.

We recommend avoiding this tour - boring!! We heard much better reviews of the rail tours.

All panamenian rainforests are plenty of insects, birds, small reptiles, and mammals but during daylight is hard to see mammals, also the rainforests have a lot of exotics plants an trees that could be a dream come true for some botanics. May be you hired a bad guide or without assistence because for some guys is difficult be a guide and seach animals at the same time. I would like to know which company you hired.

All panamenian rainforests are plenty of insects, birds, small reptiles, and mammals but during daylight is hard to see mammals, also the rainforests have a lot of exotics plants an trees that could be a dream come true for some botanics. May be you hired a bad guide or without assistence because for some guys is difficult be a guide and seach animals at the same time. I would like to know which company you hired.

Hi!

We booked through Princess so I cannot tell you which company it was. We had a tremendous tour in Costa Rica (Costa Rica's Favorites) and another great tour in Belize (Lamanai and New River Safari). These were booked through Princess as well. Both of these tours offered canal/river excursions as part of the trip and I think that is the key. We really saw the wildlife and exotic flora as well.

Perhaps the trail chosen was a poor selection (in all fairness, there were some interesting plants but almost no wildlife except a few butterflies and the aforementioned birds) and we thought the guide was not the best. All that combined to make the hike a dud. If anyone has had a better experience, please balance that with ours.

Archived