hookup Wii in room?

ardt64

I have read posts that there are not a lot of activities for teen on board. I was thinking about bringing our Wii and wondering if anyone recalls if the t.v. there has the correct hook ups. We just bought one and have not tried to travel with it.

Before anyone rags;) on me for thinking about doing this on a beautiful cruise where the kids should be outdoor, just want to let you know that we greatly restrict our kids media (pretty much no t.v. or movies until they are teens) and then limited after that. It is just that we make exceptions on vacation. Just thinking about down times for them. We are also bringing cards and games.

I have read posts that there are not a lot of activities for teen on board. I was thinking about bringing our Wii and wondering if anyone recalls if the t.v. there has the correct hook ups. We just bought one and have not tried to travel with it.

Before anyone rags;) on me for thinking about doing this on a beautiful cruise where the kids should be outdoor, just want to let you know that we greatly restrict our kids media (pretty much no t.v. or movies until they are teens) and then limited after that. It is just that we make exceptions on vacation. Just thinking about down times for them. We are also bringing cards and games.

grrr... I replied and it malfunctioned :D

lol, anyways, we brought our mini dvd player and hooked it up using the A/V cables. Wish I'd thought of bringing the Wii. Just make sure to press the "source" button and you'll be able to access it. (You can find it on the lower lip of the TV)

I also know that I saw several teens playing cards in the Card room on board. I don't believe that was a smoking room. So that was a good thing! Also, I don't know if they have a curfew at night for ya, but there were movies showing each night on the big screen in front of the pool. The Dive-In Theatre was nice!

No judgements! I know they had an option on board to rent a PlayStation for the room if you don't want to bring your Wii. I can find the cost if you want.

I think the Wii idea is great and we are thinking about doing the same, but if you could find out the cost to rent the PS for the room, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks.

Twinmom, what day in April are you cruising? i'm cruising in April also and I have the same room number as you. Where you able to get any pictures of our room??? I hope they haven't double booked us for the same day???

Now you have me a tad bit panicked....we are sailing April 4th-11th. When are you going? Hopefully it's not that same week:eek: I will definitely post pics when we return.

That's a great idea and I have done it (I have a xbox 360 but its to big).

One thing that you must do is wrap it in bubble wrap or something else to protect it as it will be knocked around while in your luggage. Also depending on the location of the TV you may need A/V extension cables.

thanks for the reminder on that, I always try to bring one of the plug adaptors with extra plug things since there are usually so few in the room, will make sure it has a long cord.

Darci, I just realized who you are, looks like the boys have been emailing and I bet they will have fun together. Too bad they cannot take the cello and viola on the cruse together to practice.

Lisa

Now you have me a tad bit panicked....we are sailing April 4th-11th. When are you going? Hopefully it's not that same week:eek: I will definitely post pics when we return.

Happy to hear there's no conflict we are the week after you. What a relief.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful while hooking the WII up. My boys took their Playstation on a NCL cruise and they got a major surge while playing it and it burned up the system. That was an hour into the cruise. They did manage to make friends within an hour and were playing their system. So it wasn't a total bust of a cruise. I know it is hard to travel with that age group because mine didn't want to hang out with troubled kids. At least you know were they are. Make sure you bring your surge protector and if they can handle it maybe your own portable DVD player to hook it up too.

Archived