Carnival Sensation Wedding/ Wedding Out of Port Canaveral

Hello, I am getting married on the Carnival Sensation (out of Port Canaveral) in November. Has anyone that has done this have any advice on an inexpensive way to get to the port from Orlando? Also, can anyone tell me where they got their hair done at 8am in the morning on a SUNDAY?!!?!

Any other details or helpful hints would be MUCH appreciated!!!

you can rent a car at the orlando airport, drop it off at a car rental location near the port - you may want to call to verify, but I believe most of them provide shuttles to/from the port; so you could also do the same on your return.

Angela,

I just got married last Sunday on the sensation in Port Canaveral. If you would like more info you may contact me at whodoes03@yahoo.com. The wedding was beautiful and worth the money to us. The greatest thing we paid for was the video. Very well done and they will make as many copies of it as you want. There were only 7 of us for our service, so I do not know how much info I can give you for the rest of your guests, but Carnival did a fabulous job and made us feel like the most important people on the ship! Contact the wedding experience about setting up a hair appt. on a sunday morning. I did my own, but did not want a fancy updo as I had to get my girls ready as well! Good luck, and email me if you have any questions!

April

• 2 months later...

Finally found someone else getting married on Sensation! I'm also getting married out of Canaveral and slowly started to look at places. I was told the Radisson is a really nice place to stay and is close to the port. Ive read some story about people trying travel from Orlando down to Port and run into problems.. a nightmare for any bride. Im interested in what u have learned so far or if you found anyone else who was married on Sensation.

My email is

Kristina.kann@gmail.com

Hi Krissy, No there are not too many Sensation brides that I have found. I live in Orlando so that makes it a little easier on me. A lot of our guests are local but then we also have people coming from like 10 states. We don't have that many guests - just one from each place LOL. After stressing for a few months I decided that I would let people find their own transportation. I set up a wedding website and suggested Cocoa Beach Shuttle or renting a car. I figure they are all adults and have gone on a vacation before without me planning it! :p Even though I am in Orlando I am going to stay at the Coast the night before. I figure an extra hour of sleep the morning of the wedding will be much needed! I found a salon called Infinity Salon. They seems to have the best prices and go to a lot of the hotels. The lady I spoke to on the phone claims that the time (Sunday morning) is not an issue. However, I found them to be a little shady in the fact that I called and left THREE messages - all about a week apart and never got a call back confirming my appointment. When I finally got someone to answer the phone the lady was all "oh yeah, you are up on our wedding board." Sooo the wedding isn't until November, I figure I'll call again in August and see what they say. I might try and drive over there and see if I can see anything too. They are affiliated with several hotels, so all in all I assume that they are reputable. I am happy to answer any questions that you might have. I haven't reallly DONE a whole lot else - the hotel that I reserved for the night before for the guests is in Orlando - I wanted somewhere with a shuttle. I figure it will break up the trip. Getting off an airplane and then into a car/van for another hour would stink. I rambled.

Feel free to email me: princess_ang@yahoo.com

angela

Hey Angela! Thanks for all your input and help its greatly calms my nerves! I got my welcome package emailed to me today so excited! I'm thinking, im over trying to plan cause I do want to make it easier for guest but I should just let it be. I too have guest coming from all over cause Im marrying a Marine soooo 90% of my own wedding party is in different states and overseas. So unless anyone ask for my help I think i might just let it up to them I too put up suggestion and told everyone to call the hotel they choose to see if they provide various transportation.

Definately let me know what goes on with the Salon... my gram lives in Oviedo so I was going to have her start looking to places that might help since I was so afraid of finding a salon on a Sunday! I hope that they work out for you and were just too busy to get back to you and not really shady...

My email is Kristina.Kann@gmail.com

Thanks again!

Archived